Pool of On-call Photographers (two retainer positions), Multiple positions
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
Background Information - Job-specific
“Norwegian Support to Western Balkans Development - Norway for You–Montenegro” Project (Project) will contribute to a more balanced socio-economic development in Montenegro, by increasing employment opportunities, supporting social cohesion and improving local infrastructure in least developed municipalities. The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) allocated NOK 15 million for this project implemented by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) during 24 months.
Project will achieve two outputs:
• Output 1: Improved Access to Employment
• Output 2: Enhanced Social Inclusion through Improved Living Conditions
During its lifetime, the Project will support self-employment, provide vocational training in accordance with the Local Employment Action Plans, organise Call for Proposals for projects of local government institutions, civil society organisations and business support organisations and support projects for improvement of living conditions and quality of life.
The key stakeholders and the direct beneficiaries of the Project are the local self-governments and their institutions and organisations along with the Union of Municipalities of Montenegro (UOM), regional development agencies, national employment agencies and local branches, civil society organisations (CSOs), business support organisations (BSOs), Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group, the Fund for Active Citizenship, as well as individual beneficiaries, small and medium sized enterprises and especially women and youth. The final beneficiaries is the population of the underdeveloped areas where the Project will be implemented.
The On-call Photographer will, under general guidance of respective Communication Manager, be responsible for the production and editing of high quality photos and/or photo feature stories about projects and activities. The selected incumbent will undertake the following activities/responsibilities:
- Production of photos of projects’ events, conferences, visits, projects and other key activities
- Provision of at least five (5) digital photos in low resolution - immediately on site for instant distribution on social media and with press release
- Upon the completion of the covered project activity provision of at least 20 digital photos on a USB, DVD or via wire transfer within 24 hours upon the completion of the covered Project activity. The photos provided via wire transfer, USB and DVD must be clearly named in line with respective Project. configuration management guidelines (to include the photo date, location, and subject) and provided in both low and high resolution (minimum 300 dpi) in JPG format
- Editing of photos, including retouching and correction
- Production of photos for publications
- Assisting the establishment and maintenance of photo database while using the file naming and caption convention in agreement with the Communications Manager
- Providing advice to the project personnel regarding photography
- On case by case bases, as required by Communications Manager, provide photos of project visit/meeting during the donor and high officials’ missions
- The On-call Photographer will be required to have his/her own equipment and be available for travel, with the team or independently, as needed throughout the area of responsibility.
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, arts, photography, media arts or other related areas is an asset
- Computer literacy: MS Office, Internet, Photoshop
- Six years of experience in photography and/or photojournalism is required. Bachelor’s degree may substitute for some years of experience.
- Experience in covering high level events and conferences is a requirement
- Knowledge of local and national media scene in Montenegro is an advantage
- Fluency in Montenegrin is required
- Basic knowledge of English is required
- Driving license is an asset, however, ability to travel independently is required
ALL CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT PORTFOLIO IN FREE ELECTRONIC FORMAT (PREFERABLY WEB LINKS) WITH MINIMUM OF 30 SELECTED AUTHOR PHOTOGRAPHS ALONG WITH CV AND COVER LETTER.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) - retainer
Contract level: Local ICA 6
Contract duration: One year with possibility of extension
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.