Advisor of organisational development support in Myanmar
Madang (Papua New Guinea)
In light of the human rights situation in Myanmar, partners of Bread for the World are looking to strengthen social infrastructure in the country. We are seeking professional support in non-profit management.
The initial employer is the SHALOM FOUNDATION. Funded 20 years ago, SHALOM is internationally recognized as a key proponent of peace. SHALOM is collaborating with several grassroots organizations in Myanmar.
In order to support SHALOM and its partners, the candidate would perform a diverse range of tasks across numerus fields including finance, human resources, communication and cultural awareness.
- Advising management of SHALOM and its partners in identifying areas for further
- Supporting organizational change
- Guiding staff development through training and coaching
- Strengthening internal and external communication
- Furthering the development of organizational culture
- Relevant university degree
- Professional experience in organizational consulting of non-profit organizations
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Interest in communication development
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Motivation to learn Burmese is a plus
- Citizenship of a Member State of the EU or of Switzerland is required.
Bread for the World provides a framework in which the professionals of Dienste in Übersee share their knowledge and skills with the people of another culture. Supportive cooperation, mutual learning and intercultural exchange are enabled by:
- Individual preparation
- Three-year contract with benefits in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act
Dienste in Übersee gGmbH is a 100% subsidiary of the
Protestant Agency for Diakonia and Development
with the brand Bread for the World