Cash and Voucher Assistance consultancy for national & international consultant team
Cash and Voucher Assistance consultancy for national & international consultant teamMalteser International is the relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta for humanitarian aid. With over 100 projects annually in some 25 countries throughout Africa, Asia and the Americas, we provide emergency relief after disasters and support recovery efforts with a focus on sustainable development. Malteser International has been operational in Myanmar since 2001 and is currently implementing health, WASH (water, sanitation, hygiene) and DRR (disaster risk reduction) programs in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin States. The programs are implemented through Program Offices in the respective regions and supported by a Country Office in Yangon. Malteser International (MI) in Myanmar has carried out a few direct and indirect cash transfer activities not only in emergencies but also as part of regular programming in the health sector, for example. sector, for example.
In order to capitalize fully on past experiences and to build in-house capacity and to ensure that Malteser International and partner organizations are equipped to plan and implement CVA interventions in various settings MI is seeking a three-months consultancy. Malteser International is looking to commission a consultancy to support MI in Myanmar to integrate Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) into its relief and development programming. To best cover international and national standards, MI is interested in a consultant team of one international expert and one national expert.
Place of Assignment: Myanmar (MI country office and locations in Rakhine State, Kayin State, and eastern Shan State)
Consultancy Period: Within September to December 2019
Closing Date: 17 July 2019
Objectives of final evaluationThe objective of the proposed cash expert team deployment to Myanmar is four-fold:
- To identify key learnings from Malteser International’s Cash assistance in northern Rakhine State (nRS) in January 2018 taking into consideration the aspects of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and security context.
- Documentation of the status quo, good practice and future trends of CVA in Myanmar
- Assist the MI Myanmar operation in establishing systems for implementing CVA interventions by developing and rolling out SOPs in emergency and development settings
- Build capacity of MI staff, including finance, supply and programs of MI as well as staff of partner NGOs
The key deliverables will be:
- Evaluation report, including lessons learnt, of CVA assistance in northern Rakhine State
- Documentation of the status quo and future trends of CVA in Myanmar
- Development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and implementation plan for CVA
- Training of teams and Training of Trainers (ToT) on CVA
- Assistance in the operationalization of SOPs for MI staff and partners
For more information, please see the Terms of Reference
Expression of interestInterested consultant teams should submit a statement of interest including the following:
- Technical Offer including description of methodology and work plan
- Financial offer including costs for international travel and accommodation
- Information on previous experience, including CV and two examples of comparable pieces of work (or recent consultancy if no comparable work is available)
- Information on availability for the assignment
Please email your technical and financial proposals to Malteser International:
Mr Minn Naing Oo, Country Coordinator MI Myanmar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Claudia Plock, Program Advisor MI Myanmar, email@example.com
Ms Maren Paech, Program Manager Myanmar HQ, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving technical and financial proposals is July 17th 2019 at 17:00 (Myanmar Time).