Grants Finance Officer
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Position Title: Grants Finance Officer - HQ
Department Name: Programs – Grants
Supervisor of Position: Program and Business Development Manager
Employment Definition:** Full Time
Location of Position: Washington DC, $53,144.00-$60,000.00
The Grants Officer, located in Washington D.C., is expected to focus primarily on the financial aspects of grant management and proposal development, as part of efforts to provide support and maintain oversight of donor-funded programs implemented by Country Offices. The position will be based within the Programs/Grants Unit at Headquarters, but is expected to work closely with the Finance and Operations Units at Headquarters, as well as with counterparts in Country Offices
Project Finance Management
· Support preparation and review of pipelines for all grants on a monthly basis and coordinate monthly pipeline review meetings with Country Offices;
· Lead quarterly review of spending across budgets to develop lessons learned for future budget preparation
· Liaise with Grants Coordinator and Country Offices in preparation and review of donor reports
· Support Headquarters in monitoring grants payables and receivables accounts and cost allocation
· Support Headquarters and Country Offices in preparation for internal/external audits
· Work with Grants Coordinator to maintain complete and accurate filing system for all active, closed grants, and proposals submitted by HQ and Country Offices.
· Support country offices in sub-grantee selection process, through review of pre-award self-assessments and organizational capacity assessments
· Work with Grants Coordinator to draft sub-grant agreements that ensure compliance with donor regulations
· Support Country Offices in developing and implementing partner support plans designed to build capacity of partners during the project life-cycle
· Support Country Offices to review and provide feedback on monthly reports and supporting documentation submitted by sub-grantees.
· Work closely with the Country Offices and HQ Finance to review and finalize budgets and budget narratives for donor submission, ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
· Where needed, work with Grants Coordinator to contribute to review and preparation of other components of the proposal package – not only the budget.
· Provide training to Country Offices on donor regulations, including relevant super circulars in the case of US government awards
· Conduct monthly spot checks on samples of finance/procurement documentation in Country Offices
· Support Grants, Finance, and Operations Units to strengthen internal controls and risk mitigation mechanisms related to grant management, HR, finance and procurement, in close coordination with Country Offices
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Education and Essential Skills
· University/Baccalaureate degree required. Masters or Advanced Degree preferred (Business, Finance, Management, Accounting)
· At least three years of experience in grants/project finance - preferably with NGOs and/or community-based organizations
· Strong financial management skills, including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
· Demonstrated experience in both contract preparation/review and sub-grant management
· In-depth knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and experience with regulations of major donor agencies such as USAID, U.S. Department of State, EU, DFID preferred.
· Basic knowledge and previous application of ERP accounting systems (in particular Deltek Cost Point 7)
· Excellent project management and organizational skills
· Strong command over written and verbal communication
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
· Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public
· A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
· Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work
· Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach
· Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
· Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet.
· Proficient in using Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables
· Knowledge of the Arabic language and/or the Middle East region is desired but not a requirement.
[a1]Do we want to call this position something else? Grant Finance Officer?
[O2]Will advertise as Grants Finance Officer
send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org