UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women in Colombia in accordance with national priorities and international instruments for the protection of women's human rights, mainly the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), works to achieve substantive equality between men and women in all aspects of life, focusing on strengthening the leadership and political and economic empowerment of women and their right to a life free of violence, both in the context of conflict and outside this, as bases for a stable and sustainable peace. In this way, UN Women supports national efforts to make women beneficiaries and main actors in the sustainable development and construction of peace, democracy and security in Colombia.
Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Specialist in Headquarters in coordination with the Procurement Analyst in the Regional Office and the daily supervision of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and support: (i) compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) effective systems to support programme delivery and growth; (iii) accountability to organizational values and principles; and (iv) an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized. She/he also works in collaboration with operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women Regional Office (RO) and HQ staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implement procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to procurement related reports and analyses; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager;
- Provide substantive inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Follow up with internal and external audits;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
Organize procurement processes for the Colombia CO
- Prepare procurement plans for programmes/projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement processes including the preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals;
- Prepare submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC).
- Review/ process contracts for the Colombia CO
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers, and support implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
Implement technical Procurement and Travel support in the system (ATLAS) in full compliance with UN Women’s rules, regulations, policies, and business procedures:
- Review vendor information and ensure its compliance with organization policies and requirements;
- Create new vendors in ATLAS. Review procurement contracts and raise Purchase Orders (POs) in Atlas for all projects managed by Colombia CO
- Conduct periodic and annual PO closure exercise by generating reports from ATLAS in coordination with the project managers;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas; prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
- Collect documents and information required by auditors and other entities and upon approval by the chief of section.
- Organize travel including purchase of tickets, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation;
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide inputs to the development of training materials, webinars and other educational materials;
- Maintain procurement templates and the Procurement Section’s Intranet presence;
- Organize trainings for the operations/ projects staff on procurement;
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement;
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice; facilitate procurement community network as focal point to moderate the community debates;
- Contribute to information management and circulate procurement related information to UN Women clients and within the organization;
- Develop appropriate contract management / internal procurement tools or guiding materials for standardization and knowledge sharing purposes.
Ensure proper control of assets
- Prepare inventory reports;
- Implement the inventory and physical verification check-up in the Colombia CO and projects;
- Update the databases or other relevant electronic management systems with asset, human resources and procurement data for use by Colombia CO, Regional Office and HQ;
- Arrange shipments and conference facilities.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of procurement process, systems; administrative rules and regulations;
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to extract and interpret data;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong IT and web-based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Specialized training in Procurement; or a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized provider such as CIPS (level 2) is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, such as Atlas is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Working knowledge of English is required.
Solo se considerarán las aplicaciones que contengan el Formato P11 firmado, el cual podrá encontrar en el siguiente link: http://www.co.undp.org/content/dam/colombia/docs/Operaciones/P11_Personal_history_form-es.docx El formato debe ser subido en el espacio denóminado "Attach CV" que aparecerá en la segunda página del formulario de aplicación (después de dar clic en submit en la primera página).
Naciones Unidas está comprometida en lograr la diversidad laboral al interior de su oficina en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Individuos de grupos sociales minoritarios, grupos indígenas y personas con discapacidad están por igual alentados a aplicar. Todas las aplicaciones laborales serán tratadas con la más estricta confidencialidad.