IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Regional Office for Africa RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Driver G-2 is responsible for driving the Country Office Staff of FAO Representations. He / she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s) assigned.
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the functional supervisor.
In his/her function as Driver/ Messenger for FAO Representations, the incumbent is in regular contact with staff from all levels of the country office, with national and international visitors, with (high ranking) officials from the Government and other (UN) Agencies, with project managers, consultants and other personnel from within and outside the Organization. He / she is often the first point of contact for people from outside the country office. He / she interacts on a day-to-day basis with personnel and officials from local offices and service providers.
• Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAO Representative and his/ her visitors on occasions as necessary;
• Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
• Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
• Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
• Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
• When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work influences the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit's programme.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education\: Secondary school education. Possession of valid driver's license.
Experience\: Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
Languages\: Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
• A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
• Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
• Ability to cope with extended working hours.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency