Health Program Manager Bangladesh
Coxs Bazar | Bangladesh
Since October 2017, MTI has been implementing curative Primary Health Care and preventative Community Health program in Kutupalong Refugee camp, Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh.
In 2019, the program has obtained additional UNHCR funding to continue MTI’s work in 6 health facilities. These clinics and health posts are located in hard to reach areas across Kutupalong camp. The Community Health Worker network will continue to expand to provide preventative health education at household level.
The Health Program Manager is functionally responsible for all medical programming and related activities within the Joint Rohingya Response Program (JRRP).
Medical Teams’ Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and
restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Program Management: Direct Health Services:
- Manages the implementation of JRRP’s health projects including direct health services and community system strengthening.
- Develops annual operating budgets and work plans and ensures effective budget monitoring, reporting, and financial management for direct health programs;
- Ensures that health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Ministry of Health and WHO; ensure that project design and implementation meet quality standards of best practice.
- Ensures compliance with HMIS and HIS to ensure high quality reporting to UNHCR, WHO, Ministry of Health and other donors as required.
- Ensures high quality monthly internal program reporting to FH and MTI.
- Develops and oversee quality assurance mechanisms within the health program.
- Designs and conduct health assessments as needed.
- Reviews Budget vs. Actual expenditure for direct health programs on a monthly basis with staff.
- Maintains emergency preparedness plan within the program and ensuring scale-up of activities in the event of disease outbreak or epidemic.
- Supports in the preparation of reports as requested.
Program Management: Community Health:
- Manages implementation of the JRRP CHW program and all community health activities.
- Undertakes adequate planning for the CHW program and ensure compliance to both human and supply resources.
- Develops annual operating budgets and work plans and ensures effective budget monitoring, reporting, and financial management for community health programs;
- Maintains quality assurance and adherence to CHW protocols ensuring compliance with international and local MOH standards and that CHW activities are conducted in accordance with the highest standards.
- Ensures adequate monitoring and evaluation of CHWs and that outputs and impact of the program meets JRRP and donor requirements and can be reported.
- Assess, design and implement appropriate training to equip and upgrade knowledge and skills of CHW personnel.
- Promotes and undertake the documentation of good practices and synthesis of lessons learned; ensure that these are reflected in improved training and management tools.
- Ensures adequate security management of CHW including adhering to security guidelines on site and when travelling to CHW locations.
- Provides supportive supervision to health program staff to ensure professional management of health projects, skill development, and career pathing.
- Supports recruitment of new or replacement health staff in collaboration with the HR department.
- Supports the field teams in the implementation and monitoring of work plans; conduct regular performance reviews of all personnel.
- Develops/organizes trainings for national health staff.
- Models excellence in leadership and build effective teamwork and coordination among staff.
- Oversees coordination of volunteer staff’s project contributions and conduct regular check-ins.
New Business Development:
- Supports in the design, writing, and budgeting of new health proposals.
- Contribute to strategic decisions on forming new consortia and partnerships with other NGOs.
- Participates in donor meetings to advocate for the JRRP's health programs and defend health proposals.
Coordination, Representation and Advocacy:
- Represents MTI/FH to the Government of Bangladesh, Ministry of Health, UN agencies, international donor agencies, NGOs, faith-based organizations, community leaders and other stakeholders and donors across the country, in collaboration with FH Program Director. Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with these parties.
- Participates as an active member of the broader sector coordination mechanisms health working groups.
- Ensures the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies
- Communicates and coordinate with Medical Teams and Food for the Hungry’s HQs.
- Develops strategic partnerships with local organizations, wherever possible.
- Assists in organizing and leading donor and monitoring site visits to health program activities; travel with donors as necessary.
- Acts as a point of contact for all program stakeholders.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Medical Degree required
- At least five years’ experience designing and implementing health programs in developing countries.
- Previous experience supervising and managing a large team in a cross-cultural setting.
- Experience implementing health programs in community-based and refugee settings.
- Demonstrated skills in project design/proposal development and grant management.
- Experience working with UNHCR, UNICEF.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission/calling statement.
- Customer service oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive.
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills; ability to work independently in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Good communication skills including written and oral; ability to successfully communicate cross-culturally with international partners and diverse constituencies.
- Excellent English-language skills.
- Exceptionally good communication and people skills.
- Excellent writer, articulate, good networker, able to negotiate between the different stakeholders and to represent JRRP at high level forums.
- Excellent data management skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proven analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to support the design, roll out and maintain monitoring & evaluation tools and frameworks.
- Proven ability to work in insecure or hardship environments.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and developing capacity of national personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
To learn more about this position and to apply https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=14894&clientkey=BE1660BE3D0630C7C609C2764DD1B065