Program Support Associate
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
The Office of the Programs Department is an essential enabler for the Programs Department to propose and consolidate procedures and information-sharing. The Office organizes internal progress reporting, assists in developing departmental workplans, and builds institutional awareness about program activities.
Under the supervision of the Programs Support Coordinator, the incumbent provides day to day administrative and logistical support to the Office and the Department in order to ensure smooth operations.
Summary of Functions:
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the Programs Department; and
- Support information management within the Programs Department and with Field Offices.
Key results expected:
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the Programs Department:
- Support the scheduling of meetings and the organization and scheduling of travel commitments of the Director, Programs, and provide support to Regional Program Managers travel, when necessary; preparation of travel budgets, meeting agendas, background materials, institutional support, follow-up on expenses and summary reports;
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new Programs personnel at HQ and in the Field, including preparing background readings, setting up of initial meetings and briefings;
- Prepare correspondence, draft letters and meetings minutes within delegated authorities;
- Support the organization of institutional events/meetings/external visits/presentations at Headquarters or in the Field, and coordinate with relevant Department.
Support information management within the Programs Department and with Field Offices:
- Assist with the information management: input, organize and maintain program-related data and materials directly affecting programs, program record files, technical publications, and delegations.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Work Experience
- University degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience providing process support to projects/programs.
- Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another IDLO language, i.e. French, Spanish or Arabic is highly desired.
Knowledge, skills and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others, contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and solution-oriented.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Fixed Term Contract of 12 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
The annual basic salary level for this fixed-term support position is in the range of Euro 25.000 yearly, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus additional benefits such as Provident Fund (IDLO contribution 14%) and CIGNA Health Insurance coverage in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
The remuneration is net of income tax for those without Italian nationality or permanent residence.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to International employees.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process. Kindly attach only Curriculum and Cover Letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.