Finance Assistant (19-85)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref: 19-85 FA/NRS/HQ
The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks a Finance Assistant to provide analytical and operative activities administrative support of the Projects and Compliance unit within Finance, such as donor reporting, project audits, and OCS update and maintenance.
About the role:
• The Finance Assistant will be based in HQ and he/she will report to the Senior Finance Manager. Key responsibilities:
• AssisttheProjectteamintheplan,preparationandmonitoringofbudgetexecutionagainstproject costs.
• Assist with the preparation of project budgets and revised projections. • Support the team in maintaining complete and current physical and electronic files; prepare financial reports and keeping the budged information in the system.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Ensure strict adherence to national and international laws and regulations related to health and safety.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study. • Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Accounting and budget principles.
• 1 year of professional experience in the accounting/finance/administrative area. • Analytical thinking, communication and customer service skills
• Fluent in English.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background. • CIP is a recent World Food Price Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
• CIPisdedicatedto achievingfoodsecurity,improvednutritionandwell-being,andgenderequality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. • CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.How to apply?
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (http://cipotato.org/open- vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on July 22nd, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply