Requisition ID: req5705
Job Title: Senior Health Coordinator
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
- Provide technical and management leadership to all health projects in Western part of Myanmar (Chin, Rakhine, and Myanmar-Bangladesh cross border) in accordance with IRC programming best practice and policies.
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent health strategies across all health interventions in Western Myanmar.
- Leads research, survey, and needs assessments, identify unmet needs in health sector and identify potential means for the IRC to address those needs.
- Coordinate and develop plans, proposals, and budgets for new health projects and extensions of projects in conjunction with the Senior Country Management Team.
- Overall responsible for the effective and efficient management of all health projects implementation consistent with commitments and compliance to relevant Donors and IRC Global and Myanmar project management protocols and Technical Unit Standards.
II.Staff Supervision & Development
- Leading of recruiting, assigning, monitoring, and evaluating of performance and leading technical capacity building of project staff.
- If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources Department focal to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
III.Grant Planning, Implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for the overall management of all heath project grants in Western Myanmar.
- Responsible for designing project budget, procurement and spending plans.
Responsible on effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control of project reporting systems as per IRC and relevant donor reporting schedule.
- Assist Sub grant unit on identifying of local and international partner organization of project.
- Responsible as focal for partner organization project performance monitoring and technical capacity building intervention for partner organizations.
V.Coordination & Representation
- Develops and maintains effective coordination and relationships with external health stakeholders, Health Cluster members, MoHS, and authorities, and representing IRC from township to Union level.
- Work closely and coordinates with IRC logistics, finance and grant –sub grant staff to ensure timely and complete program activities, expenditures and reporting.
- Assist the Country senior management team in assessment of humanitarian needs in Western areas of Myanmar as needed.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- M.B., B. S or MD, with post graduate degree in Public Health or a related field.
At least 8-10 years of experience working with UN/INGO/LNGOs in setting up and managing complex health programs and demonstrated high level skills in PHC or MNCH or diseases control program and project coordination, management, mentoring and multi-tasking; and an excellent understanding of the contexts of Myanmar.
Strong budget management skills and experience managing European / US grants.
Experience in design, implementation and analysis of health program assessments and surveys.
Experience and skills in managing and mentoring multidisciplinary health program team in multiple sites within a country program.
Excellent communication skills, fluent written and verbal Myanmar and English skills.
Good computer literacy and have experience of applying database and research soft-wares.
Professional demeanor, ability to work under stressful conditions while maintaining perspective and a sense of humor.
Patience, diplomacy, flexibility, critical thinking and analytical skills.
Have ability to travel extensively to program implementing hard to reach rural areas.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.