Health Project Technician, South Sudan
South Sudan (South Sudan)
Responsible for the medical management of MDM Projects in Bor (Jonglei State, South Sudan)
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Bor (Jonglei State).
The successful candidate will be part of the team in Bor and will report to the Base & Projects Coordinator based in Bor.
He/she will have direct technical link with the Country Medical Coordinator based in Juba.
Medical management of MdM projects in Bor County (Jonglei State) including interventions in the Hospital and Primary Health Care facilities
In charge of local MdM medical staff in Bor. Recruitment and selection of medical and paramedic staff when needed
Coordination, supervision and monitoring of MdM implementing local partners activities in Bor.
Responsible for the medical sections of MdM monthly report, as well as Donor reports
Preparation of new possible interventions:
Identification, collection and report to the Country Medical Coordinator the epidemiological data in Bor County and provide an analysis of the morbidity and mortality in the areas of intervention.
In Coordination with the Country Medical Coordination, conduct health needs assessments in Bor areas for new possible interventions and participation in context analysis.
Responsible for identification and updating program needs (alert in case of outbreak)
Contribute to the design of new projects and proposal formulation
Contribute with the rest of the team in new proposals writing to Donors
Contribute to develop and implement MEAL systems in the project´s framework
Coordinate with the Health Authorities and Local partners the daily planning and implementation of the Projects and ensures periodic meetings and monitoring activities with them: Jonglei State Health Ministry, Bor County Health Department, Bor Hospital…
Participate actively in Health and Nutrition Clusters in Bor
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife
Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
Public Health Studies
•Language requirements: English: fluent speaking and writing.
•Computer requirements: Fair knowledge of Windows environment (MS Word, MS Excel, PPT)
• At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Previous experience in emergencies contexts
• Knowledge of public health issues
• Experience as international team manager
• Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
• Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
• Excellent planning, managerial and coordination skills
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing diverse teams
• Stress management
• Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
• Cultural awareness and adaptability
• Good team work and networking skills
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team