Technical Specialist - Family Planning, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, P-4
Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
The Technical Specialist post is located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; and reports directly to the UNFPA Deputy Representative who provides overall strategic direction. S/He is the Technical Specialist for the Family Planning Programme; and will join a UNFPA team working in support of the Country Office Programme (2016/17 – 2020/21) in both Mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar. The Technical Specialist works in an integrated, coordinated, and rights-based manner which is fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy; with the aim to enhance the capacity of the Country Program to deliver results.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Public Health, Community Medicine or other related subjects;
- At least 7 years of experience in clinical and programmatic Family Planning programming and/or Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Programmes, with at least 5 years of experience at country-level;
- Experience in promotion of and building national capacity in Family Planning programming;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic Programme Management with strong technical knowledge of Family Planning, Sexual and Reproductive Health and/or Maternal Health and how services link to communities and special client groups in diverse communities.
- Interpersonal and communication skills for the dissemination of information, networking and advocacy activities;
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and networking skills;
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office Software Applications.
Fluency in English; with working knowledge of Kiswahili desirable.