International Consultant for Capacity Building programme for Members of the Transformation Implementation Committee
Port Louis (Mauritius)
In line with Vision 2030, the Government of Mauritius has, in the past years, ushered a gamut of bold measures and initiatives in order to lead the country towards a high-income economy and to dramatically improve the quality of life of the citizens during the coming years.
To achieve this objective, Government needs to relentlessly pursue its effort to bring transformational reforms across all sectors of the economy in a coherent and coordinated manner. One such areas that has been under the spotlight in recent years is the Mauritian Public Sector which has remained, by and large, unscathed in its structure and scope since Independence.
The Government of Mauritius, with the assistance of the Commonwealth Secretariat, came up with an ambitious project to develop a Public Sector Business Transformation Strategy (PSBTS) in 2017.
The Government is fully conscious that training and capacity building remains a critical success factor for the successful implementation for the PSBTS.
The Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms in collaboration with the Civil Service College of Mauritius, is seeking the technical and financial assistance of the UNDP for a 2-day customised training programme to be organised for the benefit of members of the TIC which aims at imparting the right skills and knowledge to the latter in supporting them in their mission to become agents of change for transformation in the Public Service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of, the Head of the Socio-Economic Development Unit (SEDU), the Secretary for Public Service and the Director-General of the CSCM, the Consultant/ Resource Person will be expected to undertake the following tasks-
- develop the course content for members of the TICs (around 50)
- deliver a 2-day interactive workshop on the topic: Capacity Building programme for members of the Transformation Implementation Committee under the Public Sector Business Transformation Strategy in the Republic of Mauritius in (i) using examples of success stories drawn from the experience of Public Sector organisations in other countries
The proposed learning outcomes at the end of the capacity building programme are as follows:
- Have a good understanding of the Public Sector Business Transformation Strategy (PSBTS) and the role of the Public Sector Business Transformation Bureau (PSBTB) in supporting the TICs;
- Understand the role and responsibility of TIC members as defined in the PSBTS;
- Be able to identify business transformation projects, programmes and initiatives in a given Ministry/ Department which relate to the implementation pillars of the PSBTS and which fit the “whole-of-Government” approach;
- Be aware of emerging and innovative technologies in supporting Public Sector Business Transformation with concrete examples and case studies (e.g. AI, Data Analytics, Digital Signature, Cloud computing, potential of Open Source, Design Thinking, Crypto Money and Block Chain, 5G, IOT, nanotechnology);
- Monitor Projects and Programme implementation identified by the TICs;
- Managing Change;
- Be aware of smart processes, tools and methodologies (e.g. ISO, BPM) and their relevance in a Public Sector environment;
- Be able to submit standard reports based on agreed template to the PSBTB to enable the latter to process same for the National Planning and Results Committee and the High-Powered Committee;
- To undertake a role play scenario in developing a TIC report and envisioning the Public Service in the 21st Century.
Duration of the work - The assignment will be for 5 days over 1 month period
Duty Station - Mauritius
Deadline for submission of offers - no later than Friday 19 July at 24:00 hours Mauritius time (GMT +4 hrs) to the email address below:
email@example.com or apply online
For more details of the scope of work, please visit the website -http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=57316
Annex A - Letter of confirmation of interest and availability and Submission of financial proposalAnnex B - Model Contact ICAnnex C - UNDP GCC ICAnnex D - P11TOR - Terms of Reference
Note: Please upload documents as one single document when applying online
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling the United Nations’ values and ethical standards;
- Advocate and promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of United Nations;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism;
- Ability to adapt in new working environment;
- Demonstrated strategic technical and intellectual skills in the substantive area;
- Computer proficiency.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ Degree in Public Sector Administration or Management or Public Administration or Business Administration or Public Policy, Economics or related field;
- At least 5 years’ experience in training senior public officers along with 10 years working experience in the area of public sector business transformation and reforms;
- 3 years’ experience in producing international training reports
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of English, both written and spoken