Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: COO
Start date: July/August 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Jibu is a social enterprise pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs in underserved, emerging market communities to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities, with water as an anchor product. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, financially independent and self-sustaining franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment.
Driven by a belief in the power of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighborhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources participate in emerging markets. For additional information, please visit: http://jibuco.com/
The Successful Candidate:
Jibu is looking for a growth-oriented, talented, ambitious HR associate ready to commit a minimum of two years to contributing to a rapidly expanding company making a meaningful social difference.
This position is responsible for managing the HR Administration for all Jibu Employees along the whole life-cycle: Recruitment, Contracting, Onboarding, Performance Management, Promotion/Demotion and Exit. The HR associate works together with the senior management team to facilitate all formal communication between Jibu and its employees, and is responsible for the timely execution of all HR Duties. The HR associate also takes the lead on developing, improving and implementing critical company policies and tools, such as: employee handbook, HR Toolkits, Talent and Employee Development Policy and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. HR Administration
Manage the administration and documentation for all JibuCo employees and ensure employee records are correct, up to date and always compliant:
· Update, develop and maintain the database of job descriptions and ensure that all positions are well defined.
· Setup and maintain a contract database and ensure all employees have valid contracts and managers are informed in time about expiring contracts.
· Facilitate formal communication for all HR related business process, like hiring, promotion, salary adjustments, disciplinary and exit.
· Maintain the employee directory.
· Coordinate payroll adjustments and administration with country controller.
Be conversant with all relevant employment acts for countries where Jibu operates and offer guidance for managing staff and employees to ensure, all HR measures are conducted in a legally compliant manner.
Support and facilitate the recruitment of new staff members in collaboration with the hiring manager:
- Support hiring managers to draft and publish Job Adverts
- Identify appropriate channels for advertising a position
- Process all incoming applications and create a shortlist based on requirements of hiring manager and company culture
- Schedule and coordinate interviews
- Conduct reference checks
- Draft offer letters, contracts, etc.
- Be the single point of contact for all inquiries
4. Employee Life Cycle
Ensure the employee’s journey is in compliance with Jibu’s employee handbook and the local employment act of the countries. Work together with managers, supervisors and staff to ensure:
- The comprehensive onboarding process is followed and new employees are set up for success after joining Jibu.
- Employees have clear targets and objectives that guide them through their work.
- Performance management and regular appraisals are conducted in a timely and fair manner.
- Contracts are issued and renewed in time.
- Terminations are fair and transparent.
5. Development and Capacity Building
- Regularly review and update important staff policies and processes if necessary.
- Be an ambassador for Jibu’s values and company culture and ensure it is used as a guideline and constitution for all employees.
- Provide a “listening ear” and mediation and conflict resolution in case of problems, frustrations or other issues that require attention and interpersonal soft skills.
- Be the ambassador of all staff and report to the senior management about general employee engagement and satisfaction.
· University-level qualification in HR (bachelors required)
· At least 3 years of working experience in an HR function
· Familiar with local labor law regulations (preferably familiar with labor law regulations for Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya)
· People-oriented, excellent interpersonal skills
· Full mastery of Microsoft Office and experience with more complex software
· Fluent in English, familiarity with local dialects a plus
NOTE: This position is open only to Rwandan nationals or persons holding a valid work permit for Rwanda.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to email@example.comWe will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.