Assistant for National Animal Health Programme
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Assistant for National Animal Health Programme (NAHP) shall operate under the overall guidance and responsibility of the FAO Regional Representative for Europe and Central Asia (REU) and the functional and administrative guidance of the Assistant FAO Representative in Georgia, the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, CTA a.i. in collaboration with the Deputy Team Leader of the GCP/GEO/009/SWI project, and in cooperation with NAHP Steering Committee (SC)/Task Force (TF) members and in particular, representatives of the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia (MEPA).
Provide day-to-day secretarial/administrative support to the National Animal Health Programme.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.