Human Resource and Administration Officer
Job title: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Reporting to: Human Resource & Admin Manager
Technical line manager: Project Support Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for carrying out HR and administrative tasks as related to smooth operation of DRC.
This role has an Area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at an area level. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times
- Ensure that staff have under gone Orientation and induction
- Support Managers in identifying HR gaps and assist in the development of staffing and recruitment plan to ensure that each team is staffed appropriately, according to need and funding availability, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure a high quality, transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process in compliance with DRC’s policies and national labor law
- Prepare staff payroll and ensure submission on monthly basis to HR Kampala
- Support staff to fill and submit their ID Forms, medical insurance forms to be shared with HR Kampala.
- Prepare all casual/Volunteer contracts with guidance and support from Kampala HR and maintain records of all contract related information; and ensure those are paid on a timely basis.
- Maintain an updated Staff Database including tracking contract dates and extensions
- Prepare staff monthly airtime loading schedules and share with HR and Admin in Kampala
- Maintain the HR filing system, including update of all paperwork
- Track staff leave and absence, and support Supervisors in ensuring leave planning is done
- Respond to employee related grievances and provide answers to all HR related inquires and requests.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents, including HR files, project assets, consumables, etc. and ensure all documents are filed according to the guidelines in Operations Handbook
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process
- Assist with the Performance & Development Process
- Ensure that onboarding and exit procedures are made for all staff in coordination with Logistics and Safety Department"
- Coordinate and develop a DRC training scheme for DRC employees with the help of the DRC Learning Catalogue
- Assist with the management of staff complaints through DRC established mechanisms and ensures DRC Code of Conduct is understood and abided at all times
- Routinely re-order office supplies
- Coordinate the arrangements of meetings/workshops/ conferences and in country travel for staff and visitors by coordinating travel and accommodation
- Maintain a tracking system for all communications (in-coming and out-going) by receiving and forwarding to the responsible staffs, and circulating from DRC/DDG staffs to external parties.
- Chair weekly meetings and send minutes to Kampala
- Assist the Finance and Administration department in the management of administrative tasks.
- Coordinate the organization of field visits for external visitors in terms of housing and transport
- Act as focal point for the administration of tenancy agreements & liaise with lessor.
- Assist Country Director (and HoFA as needed) on the elaboration and roll out of Safety Manual
- Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in similar field.
- Direct experience of organizing emergency recruitments.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player
- University degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification
- A postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources related training an advantage
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of local languages desirable
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 23rd July 2019.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.