Re-advertised: Registry Clerk, UN Common Premises, Almaty
Under the overall supervision of the Common Premises Manager in Almaty and guidance the Registry Clerk provides telephone communication, general reception, information and registry services to Almaty CP tenants ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Registry Clerk promotes a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services;
- Updating UN staff information;
- Maintenance of proper registry system;
- Effective mail management;
- Cost recovery for pouch services;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
- Telephonist functions & responsibilities;
- Translation service (up to 2 pages a day).
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing; directions and accurate information related to UN Agencies in Almaty;
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol;
- Regular check and test of all lines;
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair;
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage;
- Assistance in the preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the UN CP in Almaty administrative services provided by UNDP to other agencies if requested;
- Performing backup functions and covering a colleague during their absence where and when required;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to front desk service, telephone communications service and updating of staff information;
- Good knowledge of UN administrative rules and regulations;
- Good IT skills.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education in the related field;
- Bachelor and Master degrees are an asset.
- 2 years of related work experience;
- User of Microsoft Office on intermediate level.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Kazakh is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.