CPPGG Operations & HR Associate
The UN General Assembly, and all its 193-member countries, in September 2015 adopted a global development vision entitled Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This 2030 Agenda was designed as a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity. It lays out 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets, to stimulate global action over the next 15 years on issues critical to humanity and the planet. India committed to these SDGs at the September 2015 UN Summit and the SDGs officially came into force on 1 January 2016. The Government of India has been actively engaged in integrating the SDGs since early 2016. NITI Aayog, the National Institution for Transforming India, has been entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating the efforts on SDGs with ministries and states, indicative of “whole of government” approach. The NITI Aayog has prepared an Action Agenda (3 Years) and is preparing medium term perspective plan (7 years) and long term (15 years) goals for the country through a 15-year vision document for a period up to 2030, which will be co-terminus with sustainable development goals. The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has prepared a Draft National Monitoring Framework consisting of 306 Indicators. At National level a High-Level Steering Committee which has been constituted for refining the indicators is expected to emerge as backbone on the development interventions of the country.
The UNDP’s India Country Programme Document CPD (2018-2022) signed with the Government of India (GoI) aims at transformative change and development impact at scale. In line with this, UNDP has initiated active support to many state governments in mainstreaming SDG’s within their schemes and programmes. As an overarching UN strategy, this is a part of SDG roll out for visioning and planning in India. In view of India’s commitment to the 2030 Agenda, Uttarakhand too has set ambitious targets for itself for achieving the SDGs and has already formulated its SDG Vison 2030 document.
Centre For Public Policy & Good Governance
Centre for Policy & Good Governance (CPPGG) Uttarakhand has been set up to assist in bringing about governance reforms through studies, training, knowledge sharing and promotion of innovative ideas. CPPGG is deemed to act as the think tank in the State which will help in improving the research & analytics for preparing a better planning & policy framework. The think tank is presently functioning as an autonomous body with a governing council headed by Chief Minister and Chief Secretary and has experts from various prestigious institutions as the members. The institution is mandated to identify the bottle necks in the growth trajectory of the State and firm up solutions to address the same. UNDP will support the State Government in technical empowerment of the CPPGG, by recruiting sectoral experts in mutually agreed sectors which are beneficial for the economic growth of the State and manage the policy development for fostering economic growth and inclusive development through SDGs, under the leadership and guidance of Department of Planning.
UNDP therefore is looking for a dynamic team of experts to be a part of the PMU in CPPGG and work closely with relevant government departments, technical agencies, UN agencies, civil society organization and academic institutions to provide the requisite impetus to the state government’s initiative in rolling out the SDGs and accelerating economic growth.
The services of an Operations & HR Associate are required to support the CPPGG team in managing Atlas ERP of UNDP for the project, project management activities, budgeting, its day to day operations, human resource management, travel planning, procurement, organizing events and to ensure the smooth liaisoning and functioning of the Government of Uttarakhand – UNDP Joint Project. The associate is also expected to assist the State Head UNDP to collaborate with government departments, UN agencies and other stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the CPPGG Project Head, the incumbent will –
- Provide coordination support for effective functioning of CPPGG-
- For coordination with Government of Uttarakhand, and other stakeholder’s organizations, key officials/nodal officers to help set up meetings and network with them for supporting GoUK – UNDP CPPGG project work, drafting minutes and ensuring follow-ups
- Liaison with various UN agencies for sourcing of technical experts that will be required during work
- Support coordination activities being undertaken by various project consultants and international experts and ensure that there is no conflict of dates and resources.
- Participate in meetings and discussions related to project implementation, monitoring and follow-up
- Work closely with all the CPPGG component teams to ensure smooth flow of work within teams and create tools for all teams to share and learn from each other.
- Work closely with UNDP County office teams like Finance, Procurement, HR etc for all operational issues
- Manage Budgets and Procurement for the CPPGG
- Support management of budgets and prepare financial reports
- Preparation and input of project budget in ERP (ATLAS) for approval
- Manage the procurement process for the CPGG, including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, in coordination with the UNDP County Office and project associates of the CPPGG
- Monitor tenure of contracts and deliverables and raise requests for amendments and extensions with approval from CPPGG Project Head and UNDP Country Office
- Support the internal and external review of CPPGG work
- Collaborate with UNDP Delhi team, internal component teams and Directorate of Economics & Statistics for preparation and timely submission of the mandatory reports as per the MOA between UNDP and Government of Uttarakhand
- Oversee and report on the recruitment related issues especially the HR process followed during appointments and other mandatory internal UNDP HR reporting and performance review requirements.
- Support team building and office team management through innovative team building collaborative events
- Manage overall office database and lists of use for the CPPGG project like government counterparts, subject matter experts, Media, speakers and technical experts etc
- Supervise vendors and external stakeholders to ensure timely submission of required outputs/deliverables
- Support the creation of agenda, logistical note and post event reports in close coordination with the Component associates
- Coordinate with component associates to help them manage procurement and event related budgets
- Assist in Documentation and provision of Knowledge Management Support:
- Support the creation of progress reports, brief concept notes, proposals, TORs for consultants and presentations for the CPPGG
- Responsible for regularly updating project information on UNDP Knowledge Management Portal
- Assist the CPPGG in conducting secondary research related to various SDGs
- Management of files, letters and correspondence for the Centre
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work
- Ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities
- Good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Sound coordination skills and knowledge of IT-based platforms
- Ensure compliance of rules and procedures of Government and UNDP
- Document innovative strategies and new approaches
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Promotes and enforces ethics and integrity and creates precedence in good practice
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, ability to take initiative, adopt a corporate approach to complex situations
- Creates and promotes an enabling environment for open communication
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Sociology/ Commerce/ Economics/ Public Administration/ Public Finance/ Business Administration/ Management or relevant ones. Master’s/professional degree will be an advantage.
· At least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: -Programme Management, Financial Management (Resource, Expenditure, Accounts, Costing, or Debt), Public Procurement, Operations, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Outreach, Administration.
· Financial reporting through ERPs
· Expertise in office management/procurement
· Excellent written and oral Communication skills and knowledge of Computer Skill sets including Internet and Office
· Experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Prior experience working on SDGs will be preferred
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English and Hindi.
Remuneration package is INR 58,646/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance to its employees.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.