Consultant Talent Acquisition, Sourcing & Outreach Specialist, Dakar Regional Bureau
JOB TITLE: Consultant Talent Acquisition, Sourcing & Outreach Specialist, Dakar Regional Bureau
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Short Term Consultancy
UNIT/DIVISION: Human Resources, Dakar Regional Bureau
DUTY STATION: Dakar, Senegal
DURATION: From August 2019 for 11 months
WFP seeks people of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. We select staff on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
WFP is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done.
While more than 17,000 people working for reflect the rich diversity of the world in which we work, the vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose.
WFP offers life-changing job opportunities you are unlikely to find in other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and deepen your professional expertise. For additional information, visit: www.wfp.org
WFP has engaged in a transformational journey, the Integrated Road Map, which aims at positioning WFP for a Zero Hunger world. As part of this journey, WFP Country Offices around the globe have or are developing their Country Strategic Plans (CSP) and translate these into specific WFP Strategic Results, Outcomes, and Activities. For most of Country Offices, these new CSPs lead to organizational reviews and therefore creation of structures aligned to the plans. Country Offices with significant changes in their structures will be opening vacancies to fill their organizational needs.
The Consultant Talent Acquisition, Sourcing & Outreach Specialist will be based in our Dakar Regional Bureau supporting the Western & Central Africa region.
The Consultant will develop, gain support for, and implement the strategies needed to identify, attract, and acquire the best talent to meet WFP’s business needs. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for workforce diversity; constantly thinks about how to introduce new methods and ideas for identifying and engaging top talent; and successfully enlists support from the business for talent attraction, networking and workforce diversity engagement initiatives.
The role reports directly to the Regional Head of HR in the Dakar Regional Bureau and requires frequent travels to Western & Central African Countries (on average 2 - 3 weeks per month).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the respective CO HR teams to ensure consistent, transparent, effective and gender-sensitive HR processes are executed within WFP rules and regulations related to the recruitments.
- Identify and handle direct talent searches / handle full cycle recruitment for some positions.
- Drive the improvements of talent attraction and recruitment approaches, especially to attract qualified female candidates.
- Assess Talent Acquisition capability and skills gaps, plan and follow up the implementation of related learning & development interventions (e.g. virtual trainings, weekly coaching call).
- Contribute to enforce Talent Acquisition best practices in Country Offices/Regional Bureau.
- Build partnerships, develop and maintain strong relationships that include outreach to schools, institutions of higher learning, targeted diversity organizations, professional associations and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong talent pipeline.
- Train and help implement data driven and proactive talent sourcing approaches, using contemporary recruitment tools & technologies and effectively use social media platforms.
- Articulate WFP’s employee value proposition to enhance visibility and reputation in key sourcing channels by carrying out impactful and targeted employer branding activities.
- Other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field.
- Fluency (level C) in English language
- Fluency (level C) in French language
- Five or more years of postgraduate professional experience in the field of Talent Acquisition, of which at least 3 at international or regional level. Experience working as part of a multicultural and diverse team, and/or leading one.
- Deep knowledge of the recruiting market and trends in Western/Central Africa.
- Demonstrated success developing effective outreach strategies.
- Experience in sourcing and recruiting hard-to-find profiles.
- Strong knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, technology, and sourcing tools.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to leverage social media to connect with diverse communities to brand and market organisation and jobs.
- Sound theoretical understanding of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals. Ability to quickly build credibility with internal stakeholders.
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to continuously adapt approaches and recommendations to a specific organizational/country context.
- Ability to work remotely both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision. Ability to draft clear concise reports or rationale for human resources decisions.
- Project Management skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The Consultant Talent Acquisition, Sourcing & Outreach Specialist will be hired for a 11 months consultancy.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION: 25 July 2019