International/National Graphic Design Consultant,Yangon, Myanmar
11 months (maximum 120 working days)
Closing Date for Application:
22 July 2019 (5 pm Yangon Time)
Starting date of Assignment:
As soon as possible
Please noted that this vacancy is open for both International and National.
- PURPOSE OF CONSULTANCY
UNFPA is implementing its 4th Country Programme (2018-2022) of support in Myanmar, focusing on sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment and population data for development. UNFPA’s work in Myanmar is guided by the global UNFPA Strategic Plan, International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) Programme of Action and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNFPA works in collaboration with government departments, INGOs and civil society organizations in Myanmar.
- SUPERVISION AND WORKING ARRANGEMENT
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the UNFPA Country Representative and in close day-to-day collaboration with the Programme Specialist and the Communications and Programmes teams in the Myanmar country office, the Graphic Design Consultant will substantively contribute to the organization's overall external relations, advocacy and communication activities. The consultant will contribute to the overall quality of communications products and channels and will support capacity building of the communications team in graphic design.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The international/national consultant will be responsible for the following duties and activities:
- Provide the graphic design and production management for a wide range of products, including large publications and reports; booklets and leaflets; posters; banners; infographics; and visibility items.
- Produce and edit photos and multimedia products.
- Contribute to visual and promotional presence at events (e.g. overall branding, visibility and booth setup).
- Contribute to management of UNFPA’s online presence, including the website and social media platforms.
- Work in close coordination with both UNFPA staff and external service providers.
- Review the quality of printed products before mass production
- Provided hands-on coaching and mentoring of the communications team in graphic design.
- Support the editing and proof-reading of reports and publications
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- DURATION AND WORKING SCHEDULE
- The expected volume of work is 8-12 days per month. This will vary, and can be less than 8 days or more than 12 days, depending on the needs of the organization. The precise number of days for each month will be scheduled upon mutual agreement.
- The contract duration will be 11 months, and will allow for a maximum number of 120 days for the contract period.
- Work will normally be performed on weekdays 8.30-17.00. There may be flexibility to the standard arrangement, and exceptions can be made upon mutual agreement.
- The Consultant will work closely with the programme specialist and will have an agreed work schedule and specific deliverables for each week.
- A time sheet will be prepared at the end of each month, detailing the work undertaken during the month.
- All work will be submitted in editable electronic/digital formats.
- While work will normally be performed on UNFPA Country Office premises, there may be occasions when travel is requested and mutually agreed.
- EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
The following outputs will be delivered by the mutually agreed delivery dates specified for each output as it is assigned.
- Design and layout and production management of large publications and reports; booklets and leaflets; posters; banners; infographics; and visibility items.
- Multimedia products and photos produced and edited.
- Organization of promotional/visual support for UNFPA and joint events and flagship days.
- Serve as a back-up to other communications functions, including publishing to the website and social media.
- Editing and proof-reading of publications.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in leading graphic design software.
- 3 years of graphic design experience.
- At least 3 years of multimedia and photo production and editing experience.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Fluency in oral and written English (preferably native English speakers).
- Ability to design in Myanmar fonts would be an asset.
- SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED BY UNFPA
- UNFPA will provide an office space, computer equipment and design software
Applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit a written letter of application, a copy of curriculum vitae (CV), completed UN P11 form (http://myanmar.unfpa.org/en/vacancies/un-p11-personal-history-form) relevant education certificates and the names and contact information of three references.
Applications should be addressed to UNFPA Representative.
Attention: International Operations Manager, Room A07, UNFPA, No.6, Natmauk Road, Yangon.