Human Resources Support Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO's Sub-regional Office for Central Asia is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing sub-regional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with sub-region wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Sub-regional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU).
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia, the direct supervision of International Administrative Officer and close collaboration with HR/ Assistant, the incumbent will provide full range of administrative support functions that contribute to the efficient provision of administrative support services.
Human Resources Management
Tasks and responsibilities
• Analyse, answer and follow-up on a variety of complex human resources requests and enquiries from staff and non-staff; provide guidance on relevant human resources guidelines and procedures;
• Assist in coordinating support services related to the employment and servicing of staff and non-staff; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.;
• Assist in conducting preliminary review of staffing action requests for post classification in accordance with established job classification standards;
• Support the briefing and de-briefing of staff, provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts, human resources policy-related issues as well as social security, insurance and administrative law ;
• Assist in the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff, including the preparation of job profiles and vacancy announcements; communicate with applicants and prepares offers/terms of employment;
• Assist in processing of monthly Non-staff Human Resources (NSHR) time cards (OTL) in GRMS, follow up on payment inquiries and OTL revisions;
• Assist in monitoring regular updates of Government Of Turkey’s website on revisions/amendment of Civil Servants Law of Turkey, Article 657, which govern the NPP contract type of FAO;
• Assist in preparing up-to-date guidance notes, for project personnel on the contractual matters in line with MS375 and alignment of leave entitlements (annual, maternity/paternity, gratuity, sick leave, etc) to the Civil Servants Law of Turkey, Article 657;
• Prepare monthly NSHR Leave Monitoring reports, and draft related correspondence for submission to relevant units/institutions;
• Collect and research background information; update organization charts and staffing tables; draft correspondence, reports and statistics related to all human resources functions as appropriate;
• Review, maintain and update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and that follow-up system on actions are taken;
• Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions;
• Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
• Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.