Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Nay Pyi Taw (Myanmar)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is initiating implementation of a project entitled “Sustainable cropland and forest management in priority agro-ecosystems of Myanmar (SLM Project)” in coordination with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation (MoNREC) and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, and Irrigation (MoALI) with funding from the Global Environment Facility (GEF). The objective of the project is to build the capacity of farming and forestry stakeholders to mitigate the effects of climate change and improve land condition. This is being achieved through advocacy, providing training and actively promoting the adoption of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) and Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) policies and practices.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of FAO Representative in Myanmar and direct supervision of Senior Technical Adviser, Assistant FAOR (Programme), the M&E Specialist will be responsible to implement a revised information gathering, monitoring, evaluation and reporting system of the project. The M&E Specialist will work in coordination with the Knowledge Management Specialist for the SLM project, with technical supervision provided by the International Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. The M&E Specialist will work closely with the Technical Specialists for the SFM and CSA in a coordinated team approach.
Tasks and responsibilities\:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.