Procurement Officer - Stockholm
The Procurement Officer has the primary responsibility for implementing the procurement function of International IDEA. Specifically, s/he administers the process and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of issues related to procurement, ensuring that procurement activities are carried out in accordance with relevant policy and procedures, promoting the principles of best value at all stages of the procurement cycle and reviewing existing policy, processes and procedures and applying improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the organization’s focal point in respect to procurement and contract management issues; Plans, manages and co-ordinates all procurement and contracting activities; Reviews and analyzes procurement requisitions;
- Provides advice, guidance and interpretation to programmatic and administrative staff on the application of International IDEA’s procurement and contract management policies and procedures ensuring that procurement and contracting activities are compliant;
- Provides technical assistance and support on high value and/or complex procurement and contracting cases on an organization-wide basis;
- Conducts analysis of related policies and procedures, develops plans, formulates guidelines and implements new developments and procedures;
- Prepares procurement and contracting related management reports; if necessary, conducts benchmarking analysis and data collection;
- Assists in the development of training tools and materials, including identifying new approaches to promote individual and organizational learning and knowledge sharing.
- Requires in-depth knowledge, excellent skills and relevant experience in the field of procurement management, purchasing and tendering;
- Can work with minimal guidance and supervision;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute;
- Acts as a model and mentor for less experienced colleagues;
- Can be expected to travel globally to any geographical area involved in his/her projects;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Financial Controller.
- Has in-depth knowledge in procurement and contracting concepts, tendering, contract design, administration issues and multi-party agreements. Ability to draft non-routine contractual instruments and use independent judgement and creativity in resolution of contract issues.
Operational Knowledge, skills and experience
- Integrates a results-based approach into the design, management and evaluation of all his/her programmatic activities;
- Experience with accounting and audit procedures and within the context of international organizations;
- Knowledge and experience in best practices in international procurement to contribute to the development of procurement procedures and documents;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management in past experiences.
- No people management responsibility over permanent staff;
- Acts as a model and resource for colleagues;
- May assume project management responsibilities.
- Identifies and resolves complex problems; approaches issues with new perspectives; analyses situations from a multitude of intervening factors.
- Has a clear impact on the programme development and delivery;
- Can also impact other teams and projects in related fields.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Liaises with all internal and external stakeholders involved in his/her project; acts and is perceived as an initiator of relevant communication to solve issues;
- Drives projects and assignments through communicative personal energy and engagement;
- Can explain sensitive information with diplomacy and build consensus;
- Excellent knowledge in written and oral English is required; Any other widely spoken language in an International IDEA priority region (Arabic, French, Spanish) would be an asset.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 (five) years of relevant professional experience in procurement management and proven experience in procurement policy development, to ensure successful implementation;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of procurement policies, practices and processes applied by international organizations.
Terms of Contract:
- International Post
- Two (2) year fixed term appointment
- EUR 4, 441 NET + benefits
Applying for this position:
- Applications should be submitted online no later than 24:00 (CET) 09 August 2019.
- You may apply directly by pressing the Send Application button.
- Please note that all applications must be made in English
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Send application Print