Requisition ID: req5910
Job Title: HR/Admin Manager
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Assosa, Ethiopia
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and technically supervised by HR/Admin coordinator, HR/Admin Manager will be the responsible person of the field HR/Admin department with all functions carried out by the department including talent management, contracts management, staff development, THE IRC Way, performance management, on boarding, staff grievance handling, benefits administration, payroll and related payments, follow up on contract extension, Timesheet collection, filing, , Insurance and HRIS. He /She work closely with all departments in the field office and HR/Admin Addis.
The HR/Admin Manager participates in maintaining and reviewing all administrative and human resource systems and procedures.He /She will ensure uniform compliance with policies and procedures at the field site and provides technical support to the field office and the team.
The post holder supervises and provides technical support for the field Senior HR/Admin Officer, HR/Admin Officer and HR/Admin Assistant.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and Implement IRC’s new Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures in every site of the field office; and ensure all HR/Admin activities are carried-out in adherence to these standards.
- Participate in reviewing national staff policies and Recommend for changes/additions/deletions to the HR/Admin Coordinator
- Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Ensure the provision of good quality, appropriate and clearly communicated advice to field line managers on all aspects of HR management, policy and practice, including work force planning, job design, employment law, employee relations issues, and communication and consultation strategies.
- In consultation with HR/Admin coordinator and Field coordinator the HR/Admin Manager should consult line managers in succession planning and in strategic way of talent retention.
- Work with HR/admin coordinator and Field coordinator on implementation ofstrategic planning of the department
- Provide advice and support to Field HR teams, all field employees and Managers in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation,disciplinary actionand separation
- Ensure that the EEO (equal employment opportunity) is in place incompliance with existing labor proclamations and the IRC personnel policy.
Talent Acquisition and management:
- Work with Field Coordinator to determine workforce needs, identify the field human resource and competency gaps, and devise a development and workforce plan to promote staff development and retention.
- Plan and respond to the recruitment needs in timely fashion.
- Review job specification against the position classification guideline; and all the basic information are filled on the Personnel requisition form (PRF).
- Advice Hiring managers on reviewing job descriptions and specifications
- Support and guide the HR team on posting job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting job interviews/written tests, reference checks, extending job offers, and ensuring new employee’s paper work/hire pack is processed accurately.
- Participate in recruitment process of higher positions; and ensure that vacancy announcements are made through appropriate media.
- Oversee that CV reviewing, interviewing, reference checking, job offer, orientation and travel arrangement are going in line with the recruitment plan.
- Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with IRC Global HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper orientation for all new staff with periodic follow up and collaborate and coordinate with field coordinator and other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation
- Oversee exit management process to ensure unspoiled and positive transition for departing employee
- Ensure the field HR/ Admin staff to conduct exit interviews for exiting national staff and maintain its copies on the file and conduct the exit interview analysis and report to Addis HR once in a year.
Supervision and Support
- Manage, train, coach and evaluate field HR staffs; create detailed plan to build capacity including performance objectives and development in collaboration with Field coordinator/Assistant Field Coordinator and other HR/Admin staff.
- Ensures appropriate matches between personnel and jobs.
- Provide refreshment training on PMP and ensure the yearly PMP (performance management program) is conducted at field office level in compliance with the guide line.
- Work on succession plan for field HR/Admin department staff.
- Ensure that the subordinates are working in a harmonized manner with consistency among application of policy throughout the field office, and identify and implement mechanisms to ensure cooperation, communication and teamwork.
- Identify the gap in the field HR/Admin department and create the solution in collaboration with the HR Coordinator and the Field Coordinator.
- Assess the skill and gap of field HR/Admin staffs and recommend training.
HR Service and Administration:
Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource rules and labor law.
- Ensure and follow up daily HR-related administrative duties are executed as per the expected quality in a timely manner
- Assist and Review all HR/Admin documents such as payroll, Overtime pay, back pay, severance, adjustments, acting allowance, new employee Insurance list, Hiring recommendationand new contracts etc … prepared by subordinates before it will be sent to Addis Ababa
- Review employment contracts purchase requests and payment requests made by other HR staff before it is submitted to Finance
- Ensure that the field office organogram is updated in line with the workday.
- Maintain updated tracking of staff Performance Evaluations, different HR related staff data analysis
- Follow that all increment, promotion, transfer, and disciplinary letters are written in compliance with personnel policy in timely manner.
- Ensure all personnel files are kept complete and maintained confidentially in a lockable cabinet.
- Maintain updated HRIS /Workday / database as well ensure all the field office HR/Admin staff trained on HRIS and update the database on time.
- Participate on the field office budget proposals, Grant Opening and Closing meetings.
- MA/BA Degree in
Management, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or related field
of study from recognized university.
- Four years relevant experience for
MA and Five years for BA holders and at least one year of supervisory/managerial experience.
- NGO experience in HR
and Admin is a must.
- Strong organizational
- Proven management skills.
- Experience in working with multicultural and diversified
- Working experience in HRIS is preferable.
- Excellent representational skills.
communication and interpersonal skills.
to work under pressure and attention to details.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Power point, outlook