At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Are you able to ensure the integrity and accessibility of large volumes of data collected and stored in support of Liberia’s National Community Health Assistant program? If so, you could be our next Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, & Learning team’s Database Developer.
Initially, the position will be based in Monrovia, with occasional trips to remote locations in Liberia. After working in country for one year, you could choose to work remote as long as you are willing to spend extended periods of time working in Liberia.
Long term, as LMH begins operating in new countries, we envision this role evolving to support the organization’s changing global database and data management needs. To accommodate those changing needs, we are in the early stages of architecting an extensible data warehouse. As the database developer, you will be an important participant in a small team responsible for all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of the data warehouse.
What You'll Do
- Research, recommend, and lead the implementation of data management and quality assurance practices in all aspects of data collection and storage.
- Develop a long-term strategy for archiving historical data, including developing metadata standards for easy lookup and retrieval.
- Develop and administer production instances of MySQL and Dhis2.
- Develop and administer web-based data collection and reporting portal.
- Support and train staff in the use of data collection and reporting tools.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, or other relevant scientific discipline
- Knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and SQL, or a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of Dhis2 development, reporting, and administration In this role, you will become the organization’s subject matter expert in Dhis2.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel.
- One or more years professional work experience in a similar role.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have shown a commitment to health care as a human right and economic and social justice.
- Experience working closely with employees recruited in a post-conflict or resource-poor setting.
- You have experience with Dhis2, SQL, Stata and R.
- Experience developing dashboards and reports with any business intelligence tool, such as Tableau, Qlik, Periscope, the list goes on.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.