Executive Personal Assistant (EP-DI-2019-15-IC)
In the Experimental Physics (EP) department*, Office of the Department Head (DI) group, you will perform high-level administrative tasks and have responsibility for all administrative actions for a Director or Department Head, ensuring compliance with and application of the Organization’s rules and procedures.
* EP department: https://ep-dep.web.cern.ch
- Provide personal assistance and handle sensitive information (managing diaries, incoming and outgoing surface mail and phone calls, e-mails, official duty trips, meetings);
- Provide substantive input to and/or producing official e-mails, letters, minutes, procedures, presentations, Websites, etc..;
- Provide information and ensure application of the Organization’s rules and procedures, notably by handling multiple administrative formalities (e.g. recording of absences, reimbursements of travel expenses and small expenses, purchasing of material and services, etc...);
- Organise meetings and events (conferences, workshops, seminars, management retreats, etc...);
- Welcome and assist VIPs and other visitors upon their arrival at CERN.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Business Administration for personal assistants or a related field.
Experience and Competencies
You have demonstrated experience in the field of assistance at executive management level in an international scientific environment coupled with experience in minutes and summaries writing.
You also have demonstrated experience in handling sensitive information with tact, discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Executive assistance;
- Event organisation and management, in particular organisation of scientific events like seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Customer service;
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures;
- Use of office software packages, in particular Indico, Drupal, MS Excel.
- Building Relationships;
- Working in Teams;
- Working in the Interest of the Organization;
- Demonstrating Flexibility;
- Demonstrating Accountability;
- Managing Self;
- Achieving Results;
- Communicating Effectively;
- Solving Problems;
- Learning and Sharing Knowledge.
Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date
Staff members holding a limited duration contract, ending on or later than 31.12.2019, who have successfully completed their probation period, are eligible to apply.
Assessment criteria: candidates will be assessed based on the criteria set out in §§ 56 and 62 of Administrative Circular No.2 (Rev. 7).
Closing date for applications: 30.08.2019 at noon (12:00 pm Geneva time).
Contract type: Indefinite contract
In the future, these functions may require, depending on the needs of the Organization:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays.
At a later stage, where required, the holder of an indefinite contract may have to undertake special working hours, as well as work in Radiation Areas.
The holder of an indefinite contract is expected to progress in this initial assignment or in other domains as required for the fulfilment of the Organization's mission.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: EP-DI-2019-15-IC
Benchmark Job Title: Executive Personal Assistant