Administrative Systems Software Developer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. As an International Research Center, CIMMYT has a very modern IT infrastructure and advanced IT solutions which provides for an interesting and challenging IT environment with many opportunities to learn more. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Systems Software Developer to work in the Information Technologies Unit (ITU) in CIMMYT. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical and functional expertise to the administrative system team, which include but not limited to solution configuration, customization, testing, security, reporting, and user support. The position shall play a key role in configuration and maintenance of solutions to meet business requirements. The candidate will be a key business improvement partner of functional software engineers in designing and implementing streamlined processes that drives efficiency and productivity in the organization.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Analyze, refine and translate business process technical requirements, provides solution recommendations to Business users and IT management.
- Participate in the optimization of administrative systems such as but not limited to; Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, Dynamics 365 Talents, Power Platforms.
- Administration and support of in-house applications such as but not limited to Grants Module, SubGrants Module, Staff Valuator, KPI’s.
- Evaluate application extensions of Microsoft Dynamics 365; write, debug and maintain such extensions.
- Technical requirement gathering, gap analysis, understand software functionality and recommend solutions using best practices.
- Assist the admin systems team in designing, programming, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting new services.
- Design and development of financial and operational reports using SSRS and other Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools such as PowerBI.
- Administration and support of the security module of Dynamics 365 applications and in-house administrative systems.
- Administration of the Business Intelligence site and data warehouses.
- Assist in ISO 20000 processes such as but not limited to: incident and service management, problem management, change management, design and transition, release and deployment.
- Create well-written and effective professional documentation such as solution design documents, process maps, test plans and use cases for implementation team members and business user.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years related work experience. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX 2012 Certifications: Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (a plus).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform, Common Data Platforms, Microsoft Life Cycle Management DevOps.
- Advance user of Productivity Tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced Excel, Visio, Management Reporter 2012 (Reporting Tool), PowerBI, Office365.
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX/365 development environment, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, SSRS, ETL using SSIS, SSAS.
- Proficiency in Object oriented programming such as C#, X++, .NET framework.
- Experience in ERP gap analysis and requirements gathering, hands on experience in diverse areas including implementation, migration, training & troubleshooting.
- Preferably, with experience in SharePoint sites administration.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying ISO20000, Lean IT, Agile.
- Ability to grasp and apply new concepts quickly and stay updated with latest trends and technical advancements.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good relations and share technical ideas with users or clients, technical and management staff.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency, appropriate handling of confidential information and commitment to responsibilities and deadlines.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered). (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Flexibility/Adaptability, Time management, Project Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19216 Administrative Systems Software Developer. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, August 15, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.