The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Projects Administrator to support the Integrated Development Program (IDP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support the Projects Coordinator and Liaison Officer in collation and analysis of project-related information, monitoring the overall human resource plans (maintaining a global view), under the relevant programs.
- Keep track of the overall staffing plan and coordinate the needed activities to ensure the human resources processes are completed.
- Coordinate the relevant onboarding programs and meetings as needed.
- Follow up on operating documents as necessary.
- Support the Projects Coordinator and Liaison Officer´s activities related to planning, execution and closing of contracts as required.
- Support implementation of effective communications strategies for raising awareness of CIMMYT’s and partner´s project activities and achievements.
- Assist in the review and analysis of the project’s financial/technical reports to ensure these comply with donor requirements as and when required.
- Undertake analysis of program related project information as and when requested.
- Contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnerships and impacts.
- Control documentation and archive files in a logical and methodological system.
- Other support tasks as required by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development or similar areas.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Excellent understanding of project design methods and tools. Ability to articulate technical metrics into practical operations, with strong conceptual and research/analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and ability to work in a multinational environment and with regular interaction with public and private organizations.
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software.
- Strong level of customer orientation and flexibility, with a high level of attention to details.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Customer Orientation, Communication, Time Management, Multi-Cultural Awareness/ Sensitivity, Strategic Thinking and Decision-making.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18292 Projects Administrator. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, August 15, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.