ICT Associate (Locally Recruited)
The Finance and Support Services Department (FSSD) provides effective delivery of IDLO’s finance, reporting, procurement, and information & communication technology to help deliver IDLO’s activities, thereby contributing to IDLO’s ability to strategically fulfill its mission. This also encompasses the optimization of IDLO’s internal policies, processes, and extends to its organizational planning, target-setting, and performance measurement. The Department plays a key role in creating and implementing IDLO’s vision of a networked organization, incorporating the principles of matrix management and promoting an environment of shared resources. The Department is an essential enabler to support cross-functional teams to coalesce around initiatives and projects.
Under the supervision of the Regional Program Manager Africa, with a dotted line to the Team Leader - ICT & Infrastructure Services in IDLO Headquarters, the ICT Associate will be responsible for the overall effective management of ICT in IDLO offices in Kenya, Uganda, and Somalia.
1. Provide ICT services and support to designated IDLO Offices
2. Implement ICT management systems and strategies
3. Provide daily technical support to users on information management tools and technology infrastructure
Key results expected:
1. User Support
- Resolve all user issues raised and provide alternative solutions if issue can’t be resolved on time.
- Check and verify that data for each user is backed up regularly to safeguard against all data loss risks.
- Ensure that each user computer is checked at least twice a month – the checks will ensure that One Drive is running and synchronizing data to the cloud, no virus threats and users are able to access Network resources such as file and print services.
- Provide a detailed monthly user report outlining specific support tasks carried out for each user.
- Ensure that all network related issues are resolved, and users are able to access the network resources.
- Ensure that new/existing hardware/software are properly installed, configured and administered.
- Advise the IDLO Country Offices on procurement of new Hardware or Software including computers, peripherals and accessories for office usage.
- Ensure that users are well informed on the existing and emerging ICT technologies provided by IDLO.
2. Data Security
- Ensure that all users are trained on data security and how to respond any data security threats.
- Ensure that One Drive and SharePoint are installed and configured for each user.
- Ensure that user data (One Drive and SharePoint) is synchronized with the cloud regularly.
- Ensure that all ICT infrastructure is set up and the configuration adheres to best data security standards.
- Ensure installation of anti-virus for all users installed and regular screening is done to detect any data security threats.
- Provide monthly reports on user data backup and any security incidents during the period.
3. Network Management and Administration
- Set up, configure, secure and maintain the network router.
- Set up and configure all network printers for making them accessible to all users.
- Manage troubleshooting and resolving printing-related issues (exclusive to those meant to be dealt by the printer supplier and advising on the new and emerging printer requirements).
- Ensure that all users are able to access the internet and by extension cloud services such as Outlook, Intranet, SharePoint and One Drive.
- Carry out routine security checks on all equipment to ensure that there are no data security breaches.
- Respond and resolve promptly any user network issues raised.
4. Email and Cloud Support
- Set up, configure and administer Internet Access to enable all users access the internet and cloud services.
- Ensure that Outlook is configured for each user to access and manage their emails.
- Ensure that user data is safeguarded against any data security threats.
- Ensure that all users are able to access the cloud services – One Drive, IDLO Intranet and SharePoint.
- Train users on cloud services, working remotely and backing up data using the cloud services.
- Respond to and resolve any Outlook, internet and cloud service access issues raised by users.
- Carry out user training needs survey and formulate necessary training programmes.
- Training users on how to utilize the network resources.
- Train users based on the training programme formulated or as requested by user(s) on any new or existing ICT Technology (deployed by IDLO or any other entity) that will assist users in working more proficiently.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- University degree in Computer Science or other related field is required. A Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server certification, Windows Server 2012/ A+./ Network +/certifications highly desirable.
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of substantial professional experience, preferably within international organizations, in supporting Microsoft technologies
- Extensive hands on experience in a technical support role
- Solid experience in coordinating with and managing vendor relationships and deliverables;
- Experience in supporting clients and team members in remote/virtual environments;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Demonstrable experience in IT training delivery
- Ability and willingness to travel to regularly travel to designated country offices
- Ability to effectively manage ICT for designated country offices remotely
- Flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings and in transitional and complex organizational situations;
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills in order to provide effective solutions to the business need;
- Proven capability in building and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships and effective networks across and within organizations, including with senior managers;
- Able to effectively communicate with a wide range of audiences;
- Client focused with a positive attitude and flexible mind.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO's mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this local recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a 1 year (12 months) local Affiliate contract, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer the candidate an annual basic salary in the range of Kshs 1,900,000 , a leave and benefit package, in accordance with IDLO Employee Rules and Regulations
This vacancy is open to candidates who are national of the duty station, or with permanent residence status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.