Celaya (Mexico) | Guanajuato
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Training Coordinator to work in the Integrated Development Program (IDP).
The position will be based at the Guanajuato office, located in Secretaría de Desarrollo Agroalimentario y Rural (SDAyR) at Avenida Irrigación s/n, Col. Monte Camargo, Celaya, Guanajuato.
- Detect training needs of key actors in the agricultural innovation system.
- Contribute to the development of a strategy to build capacities with an integral vision, input from regional, participative consultations and in consensus with regional, national institutions and technical team.
- Design training plans to attend the identified needs of key actors.
- Identify potential collaborators (universities, research institutions, private partners, etc.) to carry out training activities.
- Provide guidance to the units of the program on the implementation of training activities in the different areas where the program is active.
- Plan, coordinate and execute training events as necessary.
- Collect data, prepare reports on training events and integrate the information into reports for different donors.
- Contribute to the documentation and systematization of capacity building processes.
- Contribute to the execution of the monitoring, follow up and evaluation strategy for the capacity building activities.
- Based on the target population, identify and contribute in the elaboration the didactic and communication material needed in the area.
- Carry out activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor to help achieve the objectives of the area.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communication, Psychology, Sociology or equivalent technical degree.
- At least 2 years of working experience in organizing formal and informal training programs for a range of stakeholders, including farmers, extension workers from government, NGOs, and private sector, etc. in agricultural disciplines.
- Experience in holding Training Courses.
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with others is very important.
- Intermediate level in English language is required (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Communication, Pro-Activity and Customer orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19219 Training Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, August 16, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.