Quality Assurance Assistant
Job title: Quality Assurance Assistant – MEAL
Reporting to: Quality Assurance Team Leader – MEAL
Direct reports: None Unit/department: MEAL/Quality Assurance
Authorization level: TBC
Overall purpose of the role: this non-managerial position is under the overall guidance of the QA Team Leader – MEAL. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of DRC Yemen Quality Assurance framework, with particular focus assisting the designing and implementing the MEL activities; lead on site distribution monitoring process, Assist the QA team in assuring the implementation of activities adhering to quality criteria during monitoring process. Conduct door-to-door verification and finalization of the report. S/he will assist the recruitment process of causal data collectors/entrants and oversee the data collection process in the field and support the in the implementation of evaluation and surveys.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
• Maintain close working relationships with the field project team and stakeholders.
• Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
• Conduct door-to-door verification process and submit the final results of verification.
• Assist in the recruitment process of data collectors (casual) and follow up on their contracts, attendance, payments.
• Oversee the data collection process in the field for MEAL activities (baseline, mid-term, evaluation and PDM) as well as capture the lessons learned and best practice.
• Support in reviewing and translating the MEAL surveys.
• Assist in receiving complaints from beneficiaries on the hotline, mobile, feedback boxes and/or any newly instituted feedback channels.
• Perform other duties as assigned by QA Team Leader/Manager.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
• Minimum of one-year experience in the similar job with national/international NGOs/UN.
• Well knowledge of MS utilities (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to write reports in both Arabic and English.
• Flexibility in carrying out tasks.
• Good listener with clear communications.
• Adheres to the DRC’s values and ethical standards.
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the DRC Yemen Program.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Willingness to travel very frequently to field sites and percent of the time.
• Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Solid communication skills (written and oral): sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
• Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
High school certificate. Preferably, bachelor’s degree in social science, IT, computer science, statistics, economics, M&E science or related field.
competencies Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☒
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
• English – Good
• Arabic - Fluent
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.