Procurement Analyst (Roster Recruitment)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit;
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Synthesis of proposals and implementation of contract strategy including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment;
- Implementation of the strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the PSH and client’s projects and monitoring of their implementation;
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation;
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval;
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services, analysis of requirements and elaboration of procurement support expansion to the clients in line with the UN reform.
- Supports in managing eCatalogue and establishing the different types of Long-Term Agreements for various categories of goods and services based on the clients’ local, regional or global needs;
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms;
- Management of e-procurement module.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Manage tasks performed, propose improvement actions and lead a continuous process improvement effort.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source.
- Knowledge of logistics operations, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical solutions.
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical solutions.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational Procurement policies and procedures
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in professional complex procurement management;
- Procurement Certification/Accreditation by a recognized professional body;
- Proficient in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Solid experience in the management of people;
- Knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software;
- Experience in e-procurement.
- Excellent writing and oral English skills are required;
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
- Non-Smoking environment
Important applicant information
Internal mobility at GSSU is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to reassign the newly appointed staff members with similar skillset and educational qualifications for similar functions and job categories at the same level in GSSU. The internal lateral movements will be determined based on the needs of the organization while allowing the newly recruits to broaden their skills, build networks and gain fresh experience and to better align their profiles with the jobs.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.