Knowledge Management Coordinat
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct or commission desktop analyses of various topics and policy issues pertaining to official development aid (ODA) under the guidance of the Head of Secretariat. In conducting or commissioning this work, the Knowledge Management Coordinator will leverage existing knowledge within the DPs and where relevant other stakeholders by conducting interviews with relevant DP staff and collecting existing relevant documentation.
- Establish and maintain a DP web-based knowledge platform liaising closely with all concerned DPs and Govt;
- Support to increase awareness of DPs mandate and goals through production and dissemination of information, within the DP community, UNDP and in the general public as needed;
- In coordination with supervisor, development and preparation of materials for analysis, awareness-raising including briefing materials and press releases;
- Organization of knowledge-sharing, advocacy, outreach promotional events;
- Maintenance of information database, Social media and photo library;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources and provide DPs with updated data analysis and knowledge sharing.
- Proactive Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Ensure that information and data from the DPs are captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner.
- Liaise with UNDP program colleagues and Citra lab to share the data analyzed, to feed into the overall data analysis of the country office.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of ATLAS system desirable
- Excellent knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting
- Excellent knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrates ability to mainstream Gender into programmes and projects
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Public Administration or relevant discipline
- A minimum two (2) years with master’s degree or minimum five (5) years with bachelor’s degree, of relevant experience at the national and/or international level in project/programme.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to produce briefing notes and innovative data products for multiple audiences in a timely manner;
- Excellent communication skills in English. Sinhala and/or Tamil language skills would also be desirable;
- Experience in organization of meetings / professional events;
- Fully proficient IT skills, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite of products and data management software and techniques, web management and setting up IT based knowledge platforms;
- Familiarity with the work of development partners in Sri Lanka;
- Proactive and in every possible way, an initiator, capable of working independently;
- People centered, gender-aware and able to professionally and tactfully operate in an international and multi-cultural professional environment.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.