Logistics Assistant (Cash Based Transfer) G5 Qamishly VA062-2019
Requisition # 106860
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
from 15 August 2019 to 29 August 2019
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Duration: One year
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs) and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant (Cash Based Transfer) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to retailers and meet beneficiaries at Cooportaing Partners in regards to shop performance and provide feedback to Supply Chain CBT
- Deliver SCOPE* equipment to the service points and be responsible for withdrawing equipment and returning it to IT SCOPE CO/FO when service point is no longer on WFP contract.
- Assist Supply Chain CBT in increasing the number of contracted shops: in analysing the beneficiaries/shop situation in the respective area of responsibility, targeting the areas where competition is needed, assisting in the follow-up of target;
- Undertake micro retailer capacity assessments
- Assist in the creation of intervention in the WFP corporate retail contracting system for each location
- Working on daily basis with the retailers, perform the reconciliation of commodities and invoices.;
- Process invoices, respond to retailers queries, assist in the monitoring of retail payments and provide ad-hoc reports
- Certify retailer invoices against the appropriate supporting documentation.
- Assist with the completion of retailer performance evaluations
- Provide CBT updates, data and reports upon request.
- Assist with the retailer capacity building throughout the country
- Assist in the preparation of standard operating procedures for CBT
- Ensure that internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Any other duties as required
*WFP's beneficiary and transfer management system
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the field of Procurement, Supply Chain, Retail, Wholesale, Economics , program implementation using CBT ’modalities or any related proven experience
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
(If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar)
As WFP is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace and committed to have a multicultural environment to foster creativity and productivity,
Females and Individuals with Special Needs are strongly encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.