Finance and Executive Assistant - UNWomen - SC contract
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Multi Country Representative and reporting to the Programme Analyst, the Finance and Executive Assistant is responsible for the execution of a wide range of financial services and administrative processes in the Multi Country Office, ensuring timeliness, efficiency and transparent use of financial resources and delivery of services in accordance with organizational financial rules, regulations, policies, procedures and approved allocations. The Finance and Executive Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women rules and regulations, standard practices and guidelines. In addition, the finance and executive assistant is responsible for providing a variety of executive administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment and, in close coordination with the Multi-Country Office (MCO) management and staff, for managing the efficient flow of information and communications to ensure expeditious dissemination of information, timely action and compliance with established deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement financial strategies, in full compliance of UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and recording and reporting systems
- Perform duties in full compliance with UN Women financial regulations and rules, policies and standard operating procedures, including internal controls;
- Follow-up on audit recommendations to monitor implementation of corrective actions;
- Collect, verify and present information and data for use in the planning of financial resources and the formulation of the EVAW programmes work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities;
- Provide advice and recommend solutions to a wide range of financial issues;
- Monitor the proper functioning of the financial resources management system for office and programmatic budgets and resources;
- Prepare and administer budgets in full compliance of UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and recording and reporting systems
- Formulate the budget, control allotments, monitor expenditures, and prepare revisions according to the needs of the EVAW programmes;
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds;
- Implement and maintain control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications and budgetary status;
- Maintain internal expenditure control system;
- Monitor the setup of budgets in ATLAS to ensure they are in accordance with budgets agreed with donors and are input into ATLAS at the detailed Activity ID level;
- Monitor each month over-expenditure of budgets and follow up with Budget Owner;
- Monitor proper follow up of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports together with project managers;
- Provide inputs and take necessary actions to facilitate timely financial project closure
- Provide executive support to the UN Women Multi Country Office Representative
- Manage the UN Women Multi Country Office Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations for the UN Women Country Representative;
- Answer and screen calls for the Country Representative with tact and discretion;
- Maintain roster of Country Office contacts.
- Manage administrative files on the Country Representative’s mission travel and mission
- Research files collect information and organize materials to meet the MCO Representative requests.
- Provide administrative support to the UN Women Multi Country Representative
- Provide administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Undertake the logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, to organize meetings, events, and
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials for the MCO Representative for meetings, missions and other key events;
- Organize and monitor the office filing system;
- Follow up with the MCO Representative on deadlines and commitments.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Conduct training and/or helping organize training events and activities; as well as participate in trainings;
- Collect and compile lessons learned and best practices in financial management and services. Disseminate to clients and stakeholders as appropriate to build capacity and knowledge;
- Contribute to financial business operational practices and management innovations.
- Timely, complete and accurate financial transactions/activities/documentation
- Timely and accurate advice on UN Women financial rules and regulations
- Timely and regular monitoring of financial resources management system and timely expenditure of financial resources
- Timely and accurate monitoring of internal expenditures control systems
- Timely and quality support to the Country Representative
- Quality and timely organization of events/meetings
- Adherence to protocol
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
.Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
- Strong knowledge and application skills of IT tools and understanding of management systems;
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification: