ERD Senior Officer - Anbar
Requisition ID: req6202
Job Title: ERD Senior Officer - Anbar
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC has long-term programs based in Baghdad and Erbil, as well as emergency response programs supporting Syrian refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs), returnees and host communities.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected Iraqi IDPs from several operational bases in the region. Our activities in the region focus primarily on the provision of non-food items, unconditional cash grants, health, early recovery, community protection and child protection and form part of an overarching humanitarian response in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey and the region that seeks to assist IDPs and refugees survive conflict and displacement.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Economic Recovery and Development Senior Livelihoods Officer is a short term IRC position working to improve livelihoods of families’ affected by conflict in Iraq with access to business training followed by apprenticeship, business grants and Job counselling . Supervised by the ERD Manager, the ERD Senior Officer will work closely with the ERD Officers and Assistants, and other IRC Program Departments, other stakeholders providing assistance to IDPs, Returnees and Host community.
Location of Work: Anbar Governorate (including Fallujah)
Strategic Planning and Program Development
- Support ERD Field Team in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of livelihoods activities.
- Under direct supervision and guidance of ERD Manager produce/update program documentation (e.g. consolidated work plans, responsibility matrixes, progress reports), based on project information provided by the ERD Officers.
- Provide inputs for the design of business training, vocational training and business development and support grants, projects in line with assessment findings and in coordination with the ERD Managers.
- Oversee collection, analysis, and reporting of data information collected (including on business training and business development and support grants) in close coordination with the Data base and Compliance Officer.
- Support the ERD Officers in determining resource requirements (human resources, equipment and materials, funding) for affective field project activities implementation.
- Assist senior management with any requests for information or data regarding program expansion or development
- Under the direct supervision of ERD Manager oversee all procurement process for the livelihoods projects, business training and business development and support grants, through the implementation, ensuring timely availability of all supplies materials and assets requested for the activities.
- Responsible for preparing Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders and Payment documents as required, to ensure all payment requests and transactions with contractors follow standardized and transparent procurement systems.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
- Ensure transparency in accounting, reporting and documenting Livelihoods assistance, business training and business development and support grants activities, and ensure compliance with standards and donor policies
- Coordinate with the Data Base/Compliance Officer to manage project information and maintain all documentation related to ERD projects activities, ensuring that they are accessible, well organized and that they comply with standards and templates agreed
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference and security threats to ERD staff and activities
- Complete any required monitoring as outlined by the ERD Manager.
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, business administration, economics, international affairs or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years professional humanitarian experience, preferably in multiple emergency contexts.
- Experience with Economic programming, market-based emergency responses and livelihoods programming strongly desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: ERD Manager – Anbar FC.
- Position directly supervises: Business trainer and LH officers.
SPECIFIC SECURITY SITUATION/HOUSING:
The security situation in Iraq remains fluid and unpredictable. Candidates may expect periods of insecurity, periodic suspensions of, or restrictions in, program operation and/or field travel, and high levels of volatility in the operating environment.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to Iraqhr@rescue.orgملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفةتعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عملمتساويةو ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال ايمرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاءمساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الىIraqhr@rescue.org
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.