Supply Chain Officer – Warehouse
Requisition ID: req6239
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – Warehouse
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Aden, Yemen
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
To manage all warehouse activities within the Yemen program of operation and provide support, capacity building and oversight to warehouse staff in field locations. The post holder will report regularly to the Supply Chain Manager in Aden to ensure effective and efficient stock management and delivery in accordance with IRC Policy and procedures or as directed by the SCC/SCM.
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse, in line with organizations policies.
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to programming/contingency commodities arrivals.
- Supervise the receipt of all arriving consignments.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodity (ies) stored.
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions;
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly complete.
- Ensure warehouse is appropriate for use, clean, well maintained and secure
- Stock management procedures are in place including: up to date and accurate stock records , all supporting documents for stock movements are in place; systems for monitoring stock movements and regular physical stock-takes and management checks
- Ensure stock management and administration systems are implemented throughout the programme at every warehouse
- Monitor stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the IRC team; share information on assessments and proposed interventions; provide overview of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and future projects
- Supervise all procedures pertaining to customs clearance, shipping and cargo (if assigned in near future).
- Liaise closely will programme for distribution planning and coordinate the loading/unloading of stocks in a timely and efficient manner from warehouse to distribution point
- Conduct periodic checks, weekly, monthly quarterly and annually as part of standard practices. Ensure soft record of inventory is updated on regular basis; warehouse tracker is being shared with concern programs regularly.
- GIK is being maintained as SCI guidelines, Proper filing system is in place and record is accessible sequentially
·Liaise with Supply Chain Officer to ensure all stored materials earmarked for a specific project site are made ready for onward transport, either by charter, IRC vehicles, or hired trucks to maximize storage space.
·Establish procedures for depositing and withdrawing goods from stores and conduct weekly inventory checks
- Assist Supply Chain procurement staff in setting up new warehouse /Stores to meet the program needs.
- Hold the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
- Hold him/herself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently.
- Build and maintain effective relationships, with his/her team, colleagues and external partners and supporters.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Pharmacy or equivalent in relevant field
Work Experience: Two years of relevant professional work experience in related field.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in budget, logistics and operations planning
- Significant experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment, including procurement, transport and distribution, fleet management, warehouse and stock management.
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- INGO/NGO/UN/Private companies experience is required(INGO is preferred)
Soft Skills and Competencies:
·Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
·Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility. Energetic, with great networking and communication skills.
·Detail-orientation and professional patience.
·Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Proper record of documentation is readily available when access in sequential order in hard form along in digital format.
Monthly reports were prepared and shared with concern well in time, soft record of stock is updated regularly, and GIK record is maintained as per guidelines
Warehouse is secure, clean, stock is well maintained, Bin cards, stock cards are updated, Warehouse staff is well train over procedures, Physical counting is done and reports are available in hard form for each quarter.
Working Environment:Based in Aden office, required to travel to field offices, if required