Human Resources Process Expert
Human Resources Process Expert
Switzerland Global Support Office
Create an overview of the HR processes and procedures, standardise, simplify and implement. This is done in parallel with the implementation of the HRIS, working together with the HRIS project team and steering committee. The HRIS project will challenge HR processes and procedures during the rollout, requiring clarification, simplification, and translation into system requirements.
Medair’s GSO provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our GSO and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world-class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to recruit and retain the right people efficiently. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive, and the staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model. The implementation of a new HRIS is supporting Medair to carry out this mission.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Ecublens, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
- Travel to country programmes for the implementation and trainings is required.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months renewal for another year (dependant on the duration of the HRIS Project).
Key Activity Areas
HR process simplification
- Designing the HRIS requirements and Implementing the systems encounters different interpretations or unclarity on HR processes and procedures. In the simplification effort you are responsible to:
- Map, review, and simplify HR processes and procedures in collaboration with the country and GSO HR managers and (HR) process owners.
- Translate new process requirements to HRIS system requirements.
- Examples of these processes and procedures are: On- and off boarding; Timesheets; Leave and absence.
HRIS product owner
- As the HRIS product owner you are responsible for maximising the value of the system by working with HR team leads in:
- Defining the vision for the system and various modules (eg. Recruitment, Performance & Talent management…)
- Prioritise Needs
- Managing product backlog
- Overseeing HRIS project stages
- Anticipating needs from HR Managers
- Evaluate project progress.
- During the rollout of the system you oversee:
- Training requirements
- Training materials
- Organisation of training for different types of users for all country programmes.
HR Business Management Review
- Review the HR business management in the countries and redesign it where needed, to make it fit with the new HR System configuration, to get a simple structure (e.g. HR departments & User Access Rights).
- Provide guidance and support the HR teams at the GSO and countries in making the necessary changes and revisions to their business processes to optimise the functionality and utilisation of the HR information system.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related field.
- HR certification or Master in a related field of operation (optional).
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French would be a plus.
- HR experience in the humanitarian sector is essential for the position.
- Field experience is required.
- Good understanding of the board HR practices/processes.
- Experience in doing process reviews and/or HR system implementation will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of humanitarian sector.
- Ability to work and analyse data; Organisation and time management skills.
- Result-oriented with a positive attitude; Strong interpersonal skills; Build strong relationships.