The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Administrator in the Integrated Development Program (IDP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support activities related to planning and design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing IDP projects.
- Support in following up project grants of Integrated Development Program.
- Assist in collation and analysis of project-related information, monitoring the overall scientific work plans; contribute to delivering key milestones and outputs, and other reporting obligations of CIMMYT’s programs, projects, and all sub-contracts.
- Follow up on operating documents as necessary.
- Support activities related to planning and design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of projects as required.
- Provide administrative guidance to involved staff to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Support implementation of effective communications strategies for raising awareness of CIMMYT’s and partner´s project activities and achievements.
- Assist in the review and analysis of the project’s technical reports to ensure these comply with donor requirements as required.
- Undertake analysis of program related project information as requested.
- Contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnerships, and impacts.
- Control documentation and archive files in a logical and methodological system.
- Keep track of and archive project related documents.
- Other support tasks as required by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, or similar areas.
- At least 2 years of working experience in project management.
- Proficiency in English, with excellent written/oral communication. (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Strong skills in writing and spelling in Spanish.
- Excellent understanding of project design methods and tools. Ability to articulate technical metrics into practical operations, with strong conceptual and research/analytical skills.
- Experience with project management and reporting tools (MS Project).
- Excellent drafting, report writing and communication skills. Ability to summarize required large amounts of information.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and ability to work in a multinational environment and with regular interaction with public and private organizations.
- Ability to prioritize and to plan.
- Strong level of organization, good attitude with a high level of attention to details.
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software.
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, data management, and analysis.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Time Management, Communication, Pro-Activity, Relationship with External Stakeholders, Customer orientation, Problem-Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Innovation and Creativity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19222 Project Administrator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, September 10, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.