Expert Reports, Testimony, Conclusions Specialist
ABA ROLI is implementing a project focused on strengthening criminal justice processes in Lebanon through judicial and prosecutorial training and enabling alternate dispositions. The two-year project will be implemented in partnership with the High Judicial Council (HJC). ABA ROLI will hold a number of training sessions for prosecutors and judges on specific crimes and on investigation and trial skills. Lebanese co-trainers (judges or prosecutors) will assist with material preparation and will lead sessions specific to the Lebanese criminal justice sector. International experts will provide substantive information based on best-practices and will model interactive teaching during the preparation and presentation of workshops.
The ABA seeks a pro-bono legal specialist who will lead a workshop for judges and prosecutors in Lebanon on expert reports, testimony and conclusions. This will include preparation of materials and consultation with Lebanese co-trainers in order to ensure that content is relevant. Workshop will take place November 13-15, 2019 but services will be required prior to and after, for preparation and debrief.
· Work with field and DC-based ABA ROLI staff to develop materials for expert reports, testimony and conclusions workshop;
· Guide discussions on interpretation of reports and evaluation of reliability of experts (including questioning of experts), evaluation of report relevance, and evaluation of need for additional investigation;
· Conduct workshop using interactive teaching methodologies;
· Explore types of reports prepared during criminal investigation.
· Ten years of experience as a judge or prosecutor;
· Experience training high-level judges and prosecutors;
· Teaching or training experience using interactive teaching methodologies;
· Extensive knowledge of the criminal justice process from intake to post-trial sentencing;
· Knowledge of comparative and international laws and practices related to criminal investigation;
· Working knowledge of MENA region highly desirable;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This legal specialist position is on a pro-bono basis. A support package is provided which covers all travel costs and business expenses.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com