Regional Digital Transformation Lead (Fixed Term - NOA)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
As one of the main humanitarian actors, WFP has the obligation to leverage technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming our work. Technology and connectivity are critical for rapidly reaching the most vulnerable people and places affected by crisis, but as our technology ecosystem grows, so must the services required to deliver, govern and support that ecosystem.
The WFP Regional Bureau in Cairo provides strategic and technical guidance to WFP operations in 17 countries: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey and Yemen.
The main purpose of this position is to partner with WFP business units across the region to understand their operational environments and corresponding technology needs and seek opportunities to identify pain points, align solutions with corporate governance and support delivery to achieve a digital workplace that improves WFP’s operational impact and efficiency while focusing on business satisfaction.
- Support the capturing, analysis and documentation (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) of business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Work with more senior team members to communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
- Support the development and implementation of modern integrated IT solutions supporting WFP business needs.
- Maintain up-to-date the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to support effective knowledge management.
- Review how IT service levels align with Service Level Agreements for solutions or services focused on the business and alert management of discrepancies.
- Support the adoption of a Human Centered Design approach by identifying user personas, maintaining a network of field users who can provide feedback on MVP’s, liaison between solution Project Managers and Product Owners in HQ and RB and users, and survey for user satisfaction and pain points in relation to established IT solutions and services.
- Support project managers with business analysis, managing estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, issue management for the effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Adhere to processes and procedures for the Business Engagement Management, Business Analysis, IT Project Management and Agile Project Ownership functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Prepare clear technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to facilitate IT systems development and maintenance in coordination with key business and IT stakeholders.
- Contribute to the analysis, maintenance and upgrade of IT systems and troubleshoot, fix problems and make recommendations for system improvements.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
- Other accountabilities as required.
Advanced University degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Project Management Professional certification PMP is desired.
Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in the information technology field, 3 of which with a focus on Systems Analysis or Software development.
Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Self-motivated and result-oriented with excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to work cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and drive sound business decisions, ability to conduct cost-benefit analyses to support project management.
- Experience in modern platform/software architecture and micro services architecture.
- Experience with agile software methodologies,
- Experience in analyzing and solving complex business problems with Technology solutions.
- Ability to use data to develop insights and recommendations. Experience with Tableau or Power BI is a plus
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
- JOB TITLE: BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION OFFICER
- TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT: FIXED TERM / NOA
- DURATION & START DATE: 1 YEAR - RENEWABLE
- UNIT/DIVISION: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- DUTY STATION (CITY, COUNTRY): REGIONAL BUREAU IN CAIRO (RBC), CAIRO, EGYPT
- REPORTS TO: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS OFFICER
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application no later than Sunday 22, September 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.