Monitoring Assistant SC4 Naryn
KYR - Other cit
Monitoring Assistant SC4
Environment, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management
WFP KYRGYZSTAN COUNTRY OFFICE
Opened on 13 September 2019 - Closing on 27 September 2019
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Location: Naryn, Kyrgyzstan
Supervision received: Under the overall supervision of the Porgramme Officer, the Monitoring Assistant, based in Naryn, will be responsible for implementation of FFA/T or NFI and capacity development activities in the targeted areas, ensuring partnership, complementarities, synergies, national priorities and implement other functions to ensure the achievement of project objectives and delivery of outputs under Strategic outcome 3: “Food-insecure communities in areas vulnerable to climate change have improved food systems and are more resilient to shocks all year round” of the Country Strategic Plan 2018-2022 (CSP) across the respective region.
Accountabilities: Within delegated authority, the Monitoring Assistant is expected to perform in the following areas:
• Jointly with the district project committees, lead WFP’s participation in:
a) assessments conducted targeted area including coordinating the work of the contracted experts (engineers, technologists, experts, staff of partners, committees and communities);
b) design of the projects, including coordinating and working with all parties to finalize local disaster mitigation, adaptation to climate change and developmental projects supported by WFP;
c) monitoring of all stages of project activities;
d) reporting on the progress.
• Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged;
• Supervise the efficient distribution of food items and cash at the site and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to Programme Officer and others on the distribution;
• Conduct regular meetings of province/district/community leaders, project committees and implementing partners, including contracted experts/services on the project objectives, expected deliverables, lessons learnt and monitoring plans and results and reporting;
• Explore and operationalize partnership at the province/district level/AO level; Ensure regular and constructive liaison in target areas between stakeholders engaged in implementation of project activities;
• Capacity development for key project stakeholders through on-the-job and in-class training on the project implementation requirements, expected deliverables, monitoring requirements and roles and responsibilities of each executing entity;
• Participate in the design of the plan of action of the project; Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly; analyse the project achievements and lessons learnt in the targeted province/area and present those to WFP internally, as well as external stakeholders (local authorities at province, district, local level) with the aim to improve project deliverables;
• Assist to the Programme Officer and implementing partners in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities;
• Report timely and qualitatively to the Programme Officer on relevant events regarding cash, non-food items and food management, distribution and other related issues;
• Produce regular reports on the project implementation for the province authorities, as well as participate in the preparation of the reports to the Government by providing quality and timely information, as well as analysis of the situation;
• Identify any apparent issues in the programme and report them to the appropriate personnel;
• Conduct exercises and provide feedback for the lessons learnt exercises to improve the project deliverables;
• Ensure proper documentation of all activities;
• Raise awareness among stakeholders on WFP and project activities
• Perform other related duties as required.
- Processing of work and related follow up done under general supervision;
- Use of own discretion to address unforeseen situations seeking advice from and/or reporting to supervisor as applicable;
- Accuracy, quality and timeliness of the deliverables are ensured;
- Self-development and learning abilities demonstrated;
- When/where applicable, initiatives and innovations are introduced;
- Well maintained database and reports are ensured;
- Good working relations with partners are reported;
- Complementarities and synergies are ensured in the projects;
- Community consultations and focus group discussions are regularly conducted to ensure needs driven projects;
- Correspondences with counterparts and partners are well managed ensuring advocacy and awareness.
Critical Success Factors:
- Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders;
- Ready for frequent and long field trips per above job responsibilities;
- Has supported programmes implementation.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
At least two years professional working experience at least in one of the following areas: disaster risk management, climate change adaptation, social protection/social safety nets, rural development, environment protection, peacebuilding or building resilience to shocks at community level.
Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz, working knowledge of English is preferable.
“Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply”
OPEN TO KYRGYZSTAN NATIONALS ONLY
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).