Support Services Team Leader
Overall Purpose of the Role:
DRC Djibouti is looking for a motivated Support Service Team Leader to implement the DRC Djibouti operations strategy by reinforcing support services systems in Djibouti and ensuring compliance to DRC Dynamics and Operations Handbook manuals and policy briefs, especially with the new DRC enterprise resource planning online system, DRC Dynamics.
Rationalization of the support services functions
- Support the new strategic plan for the DRC Djibouti Office by ensuring implementation of a specific plan for support services
- Ensure procurement planning for the DRC office is well managed
- Ensure the field office is compliant to DRC operational handbook and DRC Dynamics User Guides and policy briefs by conducting regular field visits and mini-internal audits to ensure capacity is sufficient for the operation
- Provide guidance on policy issues at field level in liaison with the Country Office
- Support the Area Manager and the Country Office in developing a realistic strategic plan and making it evolve over time
- Line management and coaching of all senior support systems staff, recruiting, and re-structuring the overall team as required and build overall staff capacity.
Administration and Human Resources
- Manage all components of human resources for DRC Djibouti including enforcing DRC HR Manual and International Compensation Policies as well as being responsible for correct and updated HR files for all DRC Djibouti staff
- Supervision of Finance and Administration staff, including technical guidance to program colleagues.
- Act as the main liaison between DRC Djibouti offices and the DRC Ethiopia Country Office regarding recruitment and creation of positions, as approved by Area Manager
- Supervise payroll management for staff and ensuring that the salary payments take place in a transparent and coherent manner and in line with DRC Dynamics for payment processing as well as any locally developed SOPs
- Implement, manage and develop internal controls in coordination with the Area Manager
- Ensure effective archiving for DRC Djibouti offices, including utilization of DRC EA SharePoint for scanning and archiving of documentation as per the Operations Handbook and DRC Dynamics chapters on document archiving.
- Ensure that all necessary agreements, permits, and licenses necessary for DRC‘s operations (including VAT exemption) are in place and kept up to date in line with national administrative rules and regulations pertaining to the activities of DRC.
- Ensure a sound HR and payroll management system compliant to DRC HR policies is in place and according to the current local laws with respect to VAT withholding and severance policies.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring sound financial management in the Field Office, especially via the DRC enterprise resource planning online system Dynamics
- Ensure DRC finance regulations and procedures are adhered to in the Field Office.
- Review cash flow forecast and money request for the field is done in a timely manner and submitted to management on at least a monthly basis
- Training, mentoring and capacity building of national finance, support, and program staff in good grant management practices and other finance procedures.
- Consistently assess and identify gaps for further capacity building of staff on DRC financial regulations and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial documentation is archived in line with DRC Dynamics and local SOPs on scanning, filing, and archiving
- Constantly check the integrity and robustness of financial procedures and advise the Area Manager and HoSS on corrective actions to minimise losses.
- Manage the Djibouti master budget in DRC Dynamics as advised by the Country Office and HQ.
- Supervision of Supply chain staff
- Ensure DRC procurement guidelines are adhered to in the field office
- Actively engage and support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
- Monitor DRC procurement procedures and ensure complete accountability of stock and asset inventories.
- Supervise and review the bi-annual physical inventory of all assets and follow due procedure for disposal of obsolete assets according to DRC Operations Handbook and donor requirements/procedures.
- Develop a database for prequalified suppliers or service providers to improve efficiency in procurement, in line with current DRC procedures for supplier vetting and that all new suppliers are uploaded onto the DRC Dynamics database for pre-qualification. Similarly responsible for ensuring that vender performance is recorded and any and all issues are recorded on the DRC Dynamics master vendor data.
- Ensure the office is compliant with the new DRC Dynamics and Operations Manual
- Train staff on the use of DRC Dynamics
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- University degree in a relevant field (Finance, accounting or any humanitarian activity) or proven work experience that would match a University degree
- At least 2 years of implementation of support services in humanitarian programs, preferably in a NGO setting
- Experience in providing oversight of support functions (IT, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Administration).
- Good knowledge of IT, especially with Microsoft suites and in troubleshooting for staff with little command of IT
- Previous knowledge of enterprise resource planning online system
- Good interpersonal, communication skills with experience in liaising with local authorities and local partners
- Flexible, pro-active, and with the ability on follow through on tasks
- Excellent skills in French and in English mandatory
- Working knowledge of Arabic considered a plus.
Contract: Five months’ contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for international staff graded at Employment Band G or competitive salary and conditions as per national staff terms of employment.
Availability: October 2019
Duty station: The position will be based in Djibouti Ville. This position is non-accompanied.
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Please remember to upload both a letter of application and your CV and do not attach any written recommendations.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 1 October, 2019
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.