Human Resources Officer (HR Administration), P-2, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest
The GSSC is looking for a dedicated, driven human resources professional with strong technical knowledge, people management skills and ability to coordinate within a dynamic and multi-cultural team environment. This role will work within the HR Maintenance Stream of the GSSC, ensuring timely and quality global HR services throughout the employee cycle.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a calling.
We are committed, passionate, and proud of what we do. Promoting the rights of every child is not a job, it’s a calling.
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) provides services to UNICEF offices around the world in the areas of Finance, Master Data Management, Human Resources Administration, Payroll, and IT Customer Care.
Our mission is to be a centre of excellence for the global delivery of efficient services within a culture of customer service, continuous business improvement, knowledge-sharing and innovation to support the effective achievement of UNICEF's programme results worldwide.
HR Administration Section provides HR services to UNICEF staff around the world in onboarding, employee maintenance and offboarding.
How can you make a difference?
The GSSC is looking for a dedicated, driven human resources professional with strong technical knowledge, people management skills and ability to coordinate within a dynamic and multi-cultural team environment.
This role will work within the HR Maintenance Stream of the GSSC, ensuring timely and quality global HR services throughout the employee cycle.
This will involve:
1. Technical leadership, operational support and guidance
- Deliver timely and transparent administration of HR benefits and entitlements for UNICEF staff globally
- Interpret and apply UN and UNICEF human resources rules, procedures and processes. Provide guidance on policy and procedure application to clients.
- Review policy changes to ensure staff entitlement and conditions of service issues are addressed. Support the HR Manager in keeping staff abreast of changes.
- Deliver technical training and coaching to newly hired staff members
- Contribute to the improvement of human resources services and ensure client satisfaction
2. Transactional service management
- Ensure services are delivered to client groups within the expected Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with accuracy and quality
- Monitor and manage targets, ensuring standards are maintained and workload is well coordinated
- Promote process improvements to enhance organizational performance
- Ensure accountability, customer service orientation and adherence to SLAs
3. People Management
- Supervise, develop and enable team through coaching and mentoring, ensuring high morale and cross-functional collaboration
- Promote a culture of care, accountability, support and continuous/honest feedback within the team.
- Support capacity building and career development of team
4. Strategic Partnership
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders, including clients, headquarter divisions and external counterparts
- Consult with focal points globally to identify service needs and areas for capacity building
- Lead process improvement and HR initiatives based on best practices and client feedback
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in human resources management, including experience in HR benefits and entitlements
- Supervisory experience in human resources
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative and proactivity
- Ability to innovate and contribute within a collaborative and multi-cultural team environment
- Strong partnership skills and ability to coordinate with the stakeholders and clients
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is desirable.
- Work experience with an international organization or in a shared services centre is a strong asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Conditions of International Professional Posts:
International Professional (IP) staff are recruited internationally and serve in duty stations outside their country of nationality. They hold leadership, managerial or specialist functions.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Interested in discussing career opportunities with recruiters in UNICEF’s GSSC in Budapest?
UNICEF GSSC will be hosting an online career fair on 18 September from 10:00 to 16:00 CEST.
This online event will provide an opportunity for candidates to hold discussions with recruiters on career opportunities with UNICEF GSSC in Budapest. The event will focus on roles in the areas of Finance, IT, Human Resources and Payroll.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/unicef/e/4L1r5
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.