Panama (United States of America)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Provision of administrative and logistical support;
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP and UNDP-GEF rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP and UNDP-GEF shipments (received/sent), and arrangements for shipments. Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance;
- Arrangement of LAC-RCU staff members’ travel and hotel reservations, and preparation of travel authorizations;
- Support to RCU staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and national government;
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with Regional Hub SOP;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources;
- Maintenance of files in Administrative Unit;
- Provide other administrative and logistical support and tasks as requested.
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records, and files on assets management;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Assist in the quoting and order of office supplies, equipment, and furniture;
- Support the maintenance of the equipment and furniture, including assistance liaising with the IT Unit and related personnel;
- Provide office maintenance and assets management support and tasks as requested.
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education, preferably with specialized certification in Business or Public Administration, with at least 4 years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- 1 - 4 years of relevant administrative experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Atlas or other ERP system a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.