UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Haiti country program 2018-2021 declines global priorities through a programming strategy articulated around the following priorities: a) Women’s economic empowerment with a focus on increased participation and leadership in the development of climate-resilient agriculture, water, renewable energy and service markets and equal access to resources and services; b) Strengthening women and girls participation in the design and delivery of gender-responsive risk reduction strategies in a view to strengthening resilience and recovery of communities; c) Reduction of the violence faced by women in electoral contexts in a view to fostering women’s leadership and political participation; d) Strengthening women and girls access to the justice system and quality, gender-sensitive legal services.
Throughout its interventions, UN Women ensure linkages are built between operational components and its normative and coordination mandates. Programming data and analysis therefore also feed sectorial advocacy processes, institutional and legal reform processes in order to address the identified structural barriers to gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Under the authority of the Representative and Supervision of the Programme Specialist, the Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.? The Programme Assistant provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Programme Specialist, the Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.? The Programme Assistant provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth programme implementation.
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;?
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
2. Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- reate projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants, as deleaged;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
3. Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support to resource mobilization
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for UN Women Haiti Office management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to programme team planning, implementation, and monitoring.
• Respect for Diversity
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
• Creative Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Inclusive Collaboration
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Leading by Example
• Knowledge of programme management;
• Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
• Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
• Good financial and budgeting skills;
• Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative and programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Mastery of French and Creole
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Possibility of deployment in the Grand south
Notes: The position is open for men and women of Haitian nationality.