Finance/Admin Officer (National Position) Re-advertised
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
Iraq, with a long history of displacement, has seen an unprecedented rise in recent years. Of the more than 5.8 million Iraqis who fled their homes since 2014, two million remain displaced. Over four million Iraqis have returned to their area of origin. Many Iraqis have returned to areas that lack basic infrastructure, utility services and livelihood opportunities, or where explosive devices have not been cleared. Other challenges include: lack of security, community rejection, housing, property and civil documentation issues and lack of educational opportunities.
The UN estimates that more than 8 million Iraqis will need assistance in 2019, and 3.2 million children attend schools irregularly or not at all. Humanitarian agencies are asking for 569 million USD to deliver basic assistance to Iraqis (HRP 2018). With military operations against IS group having ended, the Iraqi government faces new challenges to ensure an inclusive reconstruction and reconciliation that will sustain peace.
Since 2010,NRC Iraq has been assisting internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, and host communities in Ninewa, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk, Basra and Anbar. We focus on assisting the newly displaced, those in lengthy displacement in camps and those in hard-to-reach places. In 2018, NRC scaled-up programmes across Iraq to respond to the large-scale displacements and returns, especially in Anbar governorate, around Kirkuk and in Ninewa using our water and sanitation, education, camp management, legal assistance, livelihoods, camp management, and cash activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The purpose of Finance/Admin Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility. the main responsibility of the Finance/Admin Officer is to lead Cash and Bank management of the area office, including the cash forecasting as well as develop, Implement and maintain effective office administrative systems and procedures whilst ensuring that controls are monitored and reinforced.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Management of the bank account of Area office. And making the forecast for the projected data.
- Make sure that financial internal controls are in place while the banking and cash system is working.
- Post the entries on daily basis to Agresso. Make sure that Data has proper correct codes and as per the project documents.
- Prepare the regular Agresso Bank reconciliations for all the balance sheet items.
- Ensure proper close of the projects and year end closure.
- Enter the Agresso rebooking, and keeping proper record of it.
- Devise a system so that all the vouchers are safely preserved.
- Train the staff on the Agresso and excel tools.
- Verify the purchase requests and payment requests
- Download the BvA monthly basis and share with the relevant staff
- Prepare the Project BVAs and do any rebooking, with the supporting documents
- Support drafting of new budgets. Check the Agresso for any reclassification.
- Responsible for applications and renewals of licenses with the relevant government authorities.
- Process leases for the office and guest houses and follow up on renewal and termination of the leases.
- Ensure office supplies and stationary are bought and keep a record for their inventory.
- Ensure all payments of utility bills for office and guest houses; water, electricity and security are processed on time.
- Assist Support Manager in Administration related issues
- Any other tasks as requested by support Manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
A university graduate in equivalent field with work experience from Finance / Admin in a humanitarian/recovery context will be preferred. Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts. Ideally s/he should have knowledge about keeping the bank accounts and record keeping . Fluency in English, both written and verbal is a must.
Contract period: Eight months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Basra,
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please find attached the job description
How to Apply: You can apply on our website online or you can apply on the below instruction.
All applicants must submit a CV as an attachment and a Cover Letter explaining their suitability for the position.
Please mention in the Subject of your E-mail the Job title: Finance/Admin officer - Basra
CVs submitted without mentioning Job Title will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 30 Oct, 2019
After this date, applications are not to be considered
English CVs should be sent to: email@example.com