The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Program Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP) and in the Socio-Economics Program (SEP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
Program Planning, Management and Administration:
- Coordinate projects across the programs in collaboration with PMU, Legal, HR, Finance, Internal Audit, Regional Program Managers (RPM) and CRP Administration Team, including CRP planning and end of year performance reporting. The coordination will be done under the supervision of and with the backstopping from the HQ Program Manager (HQPM).
- Support SIP and SEP staff and the HQPM during the annual performance evaluation. Follow up on progress on the evaluation process and inform staff and the HQPM when deadlines are not met. Assist staff with trouble shooting in collaboration with HR.
- Serve as a coordinator between Programs and between Program staff and CIMMYT’s International Communications Unit in order to contribute to CIMMYT’s visibility. In coordination with the PDs, HQPM, RPMs and CIMMYT Communications Unit team edit and update correct and complete program information on the CIMMYT website and regularly make suggestions for updates.
- Ensure and coordinate effective communication through the use of the CIMMYT Intranet and other communication tools offered by the Knowledge Management Unit.
- Encourage and backstop the use of institutional knowledge management systems, including their regular maintenance.
Collaborate with CIMMYT Corporate Services Units and liaise between Programs and Units:
- Coordinate and follow up with Legal Unit on contractual documents, liaise between Programs and Legal Unit, and prioritize service requests.
- Coordinate with PLs on recruitment of staff and consultants and on renewal of contracts including guiding staff on processes, review and give feedback on requests, ensure all documentation is complete, submit for program approvals process with HR and follow up on processes.
- Collaborate with service units for timely delivery of services; liaise between Programs and Units.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned and delegated by the HQPM and the PD.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or Related Fields.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a similar role or activities.
- Capability to coordinate, analyze and report. Experience supervising team works is highly desirable.
- Advanced English and Spanish verbal and written skills.
- English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, diverse workplace.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Conflict Resolution, Pro-activity, Problem solving, Teamwork, Customer orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- International experience will be an added advantage.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19236 Program Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, October 11, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.