Program Associate (2 positions)
Mexico City (Mexico)
IDLO IN MEXICO
IDLO is committed and engaged with Mexican institutions to support the rule of law in Mexico by strengthening the capacity of police institutions as they apply the police professionalization process as part of the country’s criminal justice system reform. The project will focus on capacity development in three areas. The first one focuses on supporting initial training for the preventive police at the municipal level under the Professionalization Framework Program (PRP) and certification process to improve their competence and professionalism. Next, the project will enhance the knowledge and skills of first responders to improve their performance in the criminal process and therefore the quality of criminal justice. The third area will address the capacity of procedural police to consolidate the units at the state level to ensure adequate implementation of the criminal justice system.
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy. It coordinates the necessary monitoring, coordination, compliance, quality control, and progress reporting of programs.
Summary of Functions:
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the Program team and ensure process integrity;
2. Provide support to the implementation of the trainings and support vetting;
3. Support the coordination of work and information flow between Offices (HQ/Field) and different sections within the Field Office;
4. Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals.
Key results expected:
1. Provide administrative support to the Program team and ensure process integrity, including:
- Support mission administration including preparation of Travel Request, visa, invoices, etc.;
- Assist in the on-boarding of new Programs employees and consultants, including preparing background readings and welcome packages;
- Draft meetings minutes, including of calls with external donors/partners;
- Organize and maintain master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc., available to management when requested;
- Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs; and
- Assist with translations related to the program.
2. Provide support to the implementation of the trainings and support vetting:
- Manage the stock of support materials for the trainings and prepare shipments to training locations;
- Maintain day-to-day contacts with trainers on attendance lists, meals and lodging registry, absence permissions;
- Revise vetting inputs from State authorities;
- Work in close coordination with the donor´s vetting unit to ensure a functional information flow;
- Keep a permanently up-to-date registry of vetting results;
- Administer training results and prepare training certificates;
- Provide support to the follow-up with state authorities regarding the selection of candidates, and Basic Skills and Performance Evaluations, as well as Single Police Certificate records;
- Visit training locations during program visits, and opening and closure ceremonies; and
- Document management: maintain copies of all relevant documents on SharePoint.
3. Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and different sections within the Field Office (e.g. HR, Security, Finance, Procurement, External Relations and Communications) focusing on the following:
- Provide up-to-date information to Security on ongoing training activities;
- Maintain up to date files and alert the supervisor of action needed to be taken;
- Provide support to program development, coordinating amongst program teams and support functions; and
- Assist in the organization of institutional and program events/courses/external visits/presentations, and coordinate with other IDLO interested departments about these.
4. Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals, including:
- Concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports; and
- Provide input into IDLO publications, communications materials, audiovisual documents related to the trainings, web content, etc.
- Conduct any other tasks as required by the supervisor.
- University degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience providing process support to projects/programs.
- Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Spanish are required.
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities;
- Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations, if necessary;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSThis vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents or those residents with a valid residency/ working permit of the duty station.
The successful candidate will be contracted for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension, depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding availability.
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer a monthly basic salary in the range of USD 2,000 and an additional benefits package including health Insurance coverage, 30 days annual leave, sick leave and official holidays.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 18 October 2019 and kindly note that only short- listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.