Shelter Technical Assistant (NFI) (National position) - Aleppo
Duties and responsibilities
Project Implementation. Responsible for successfully Implementing all Shelter/NFI/WASH projects throughout the full project cycle. Depending on the needs of the successful project implementation, this includes, Follow up rehabilitation/reconstruction works at works site, Survey implemented quantities, Prepare invoices and periodic reports, Compliance check for material types & installation methods, Participate in NFI distribution missions.
Assessments. Responsible for Implementing Shelter/NFI/WASH technical components of Area-Office-level needs assessment. This includes, Rapid Needs Assessments, Multi-Sector Needs Assessments, Detailed/Sectoral Assessments, Construction/process-related assessments.
- Project M&E. Responsible for supporting the M&E Unit in achieving accurate and high quality Monitoring and Evaluation activities in accordance with the Syria Response M&E Strategy, tools and guidelines. This includes: Collect construction/process outputs and outcomes, Collect beneficiaries' feedback over implemented works, Assess the quality of implemented works
Protection Mainstreaming. Responsible for supporting the Protection Unit in protection mainstreaming in all Shelter/NFI/WASH activities throughout the project-cycle. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the Protection Mainstreaming Strategy, tools and guidelines This includes: Ensure safety and dignity of beneficiaries, Understand their diverse needs, Enable meaningful access to NRC’s services, Ensure adequate accountability to affected populations, Ensure adequate participation and consultation, Support the realization of their human rights.
- Collaboration. The position-holder is responsible for maintaining a collaborative working environment with other team members; Shelter/NFI/WASH project team, other Core Competencies team in addition to the Support Teams.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Engineering (Civil, Architect, or equivalent).
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in similar field, in the field of housing rehabilitation projects, NFI Distributions or similar.
- Working in a humanitarian/recovery context or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in Arabic & English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of basic computer skills & MS Office software.
- Skills in using CAD and other essential engineering software, dealing with beneficiaries, etc.
- Knowledge of the context in Syria.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Coping with change.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
We can offer
Salary/benefits: According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.